1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baja Vs Pro Comp

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ribby95, Jun 5, 2013.

?

Baja TX vs Pro Comp

1. Baja TX

82.2%
  2. Pro Comp (6"suspension lift, 17" alloy wheels, 33"tires,custom grille, side step bars)

17.8%
  1. Jun 11, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    ribby95

ribby95 [OP] Member

Member:
    Baja Edition
    So the vibe I'm getting is to install an aftermarket suspension after the warranty is up? I found a TRD Sport that is priced at 32,000. You guys think I could get the dealer around 29,000, or what tactics should I use? Thanks!

2. Jun 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    GhostDog86

GhostDog86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Chimayo/Santa Fe
    Vehicle:
    DCSB TRD OR
    Remove mudflaps, Plasti dip badges/ lower val/ and grill, Plasti dip wheels, 5% tint all around, Tinted tails and 3rd, 55w driving lights in rear, Blue LED light strip in bed, Blue LEDs in cab/ cup holders...
    IMO 6" vs 3" just do what you want, everyone here is so biased you will go crazy trying find the right answer.

As far as the warranty- On my taco I have a 3" and it's good for what I want it for. Since 10k it's been lifted with no problems with the way I drive. Have 22k on it.

On my f150 it has 6" drop bracket and 35's since 15k, aside from replacing some worn steering arms around 85k and a few torn boots from brush I have had no problems until recently 120k with a leaking trans gasket.

I would rather lift when I have the warranty that way in case something catastrophic happens I would have the chance to return it to stock and get the repairs covered by warranty.

3. Jun 18, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    ribby95

ribby95 [OP] Member

Member:
    Baja Edition
    Found a Barcelona red baja a couple states over. Doesn't have ntune or jbl package. Their asking 34531, what you guys think?

4. Jun 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    ribby95

ribby95 [OP] Member

Member:
    Baja Edition
    Purchased a Barcelona Red Tacoma Baja TX from Denver, Colorado. Installing some step bars, and some other small things when it arrives next week. Hope to have pictures up with all the extras I install over the next year or two. Thanks for all the input, and heads up. Really appreciate all the advice! Thanks Again!

5. Jun 19, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    wolverine768

wolverine768 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Baja in White
    Awesome! What did u pay

6. Jun 19, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    MYT4CO

MYT4CO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    TX
    Vehicle:
    MYT4CO
    Just cut off all the ifs stuff and stock rear axle.....going big......... wet okole seat covers, red line hood struts, 4xi sliders, bruteforce rear w/ tire carrier, bruteforce front bumper with warn m8000s, bestop soft top, alpine HU and JL speakers, 2nd battery and isolator, arb air compressor, tank and tire fill, FXR projector retrofit by AMBIGUOUS, overhead console by KNINE
    this is your best bet!

7. Jun 19, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 Lifted Tacoma Doublecab (SOLD)
    4" zone offroad suspension lift modified with Rcd bilstein front shocks w 1/2 spacer for 5.75" front lift and allpro expo leap pack with 2" block for 6" rear lift, extended length stainless brake lines front and rear, beefed taco carrier bearing drop brkt, 1.25 alum driveshaft spacer, avid lightbar powdercoated w 2 9" led lights, , amp research power steps, anderson aluminum drop hitch, ss grill insert w color matched grill, color matched door handles, color matched rear bumper, color matched pop n lock tailgate handle, 2012 sport mirrors added, color matched mustang hood scoop, borla ss exhaust, extang full tilt tonneau cover, windows tinted darker,oem roof rack, 2014 touch screen radio w navigation, infinity kappa speakers front and rear, rockford fosgate amp, 2 10" kicker subs, 2tone katzkin leather, hydro dipped interior parts, inalfa 925 power moonroof, lexus F sport shift knob
    If you decide to go the db lift route there are some nice ones out there to include the procomp. You can look at the rcd, zone, bds, fabtech etc. Just build the truck the way that you plan on using it. I have had several db lifts and never had any problems.

Def don't wait till your warranty is up to lift your truck. If you lift it when you get it new you can sell some of the stock parts off it to offset the cost of your new lift whichever way you decide to go 3 or 6".

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  8. Jun 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    ribby95

ribby95 [OP] Member

Member:
    Baja Edition
    $34,351 is what we got them down to. It has everything but the Ntune. I plan on installing my own HU and Speakers when I rack up the extra cash. Have oem running boards installed, and should have the truck next week! (Fingers crossed)

9. Jul 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    skiwaves8

skiwaves8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pagosa Springs Colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    The dealer who told you your warranty would still be good with a 6in lift is lying to you!They might fix a suspension related problem once but after that they will nail you!!

To Top