1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bakflip F1 hard folding tonneau for 2005-2012 DCSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by bizjettech, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Jan 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    bizjettech

bizjettech [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    I agree, my F1 does not leak at all. Never experienced these issues.

2. Jan 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    bizjettech

Member:
    Sunny Florida

3. Jan 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    firefighteru7

firefighteru7 Active Member

Member:
    Naples, FL
    TRD off-road
    yeah i did order a one piece 2 days ago, seals the cargo area from leaks so i wont have to worry about flooding out my groceries, luggage, or whatever i put back there...

4. Jan 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM
    GregLee98

GregLee98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Cat-back Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator 3 inch Top Gunz Customz Lift Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (275/75R/17) Tires Power Tailgate Lock linked to power door locks Back-up Sensors Bakflip F1 DIY Auto-dim Rearview Mirror Power Sliding Rear Window Mod by BenWA 4x4 Switch Light Mod 400W Inverter Anytime Mod 110V In Cab Mod with 25' Extension Cord Rear Differential Breather Relocation Mod Chirp on Lock Mod A/C Off with Defrost Mod Brighter Reverse Lights Mod Tailgate Theft Deterrence (Clamp) TRD Seat Covers Extra D-Rings in front of bed
    Bizzjettech, does yours leak? I may be interested.

5. Jan 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    pretty clean :D

6. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    GregLee98

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Cat-back Exhaust URD MAF Calibrator 3 inch Top Gunz Customz Lift Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar (275/75R/17) Tires Power Tailgate Lock linked to power door locks Back-up Sensors Bakflip F1 DIY Auto-dim Rearview Mirror Power Sliding Rear Window Mod by BenWA 4x4 Switch Light Mod 400W Inverter Anytime Mod 110V In Cab Mod with 25' Extension Cord Rear Differential Breather Relocation Mod Chirp on Lock Mod A/C Off with Defrost Mod Brighter Reverse Lights Mod Tailgate Theft Deterrence (Clamp) TRD Seat Covers Extra D-Rings in front of bed
    OP, PM sent

7. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    So... No interest?

8. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    guess you shoulda bought a 4runner :laugh: :rolleyes:

BUMP for a solid deal!

9. Jan 26, 2012 at 4:21 AM
    firefighteru7

Member:
    Naples, FL
    TRD off-road
    at least i didnt buy a leaky bakflip!

10. Jan 26, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    bizjettech

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    Sorry, looking for a cash sale. Actually, I'm thinking of just keeping it.....
    All the other covers I look at are not as versatile as the Bakflip.

11. Jan 26, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    You ought to keep it. I know half a dozen guys with them... all love em. One has some minor leaking... MINOR... but as you say, buy a solid unit if thats the issue. I have the Extang Trifold (soft) and it is GREAT with little to NO leaking... but the BackFlip wears better, looks more streamlined, and is so friggin easy to take off and on (like mine), so you get the best of both worlds (open and covered) with style to. It shows CLASS... unlike people shitting in your thread! :cool:

ANd if you decide cash isn't too important, let me know!!!!!

12. Jan 26, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    bizjettech

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    Thanks for the good info on the bakflip. Yes, it is a nice unit. Sent you a PM

13. Jan 26, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    firefighteru7

Member:
    Naples, FL
    TRD off-road
    actually if you go for the extang solid fold it is a trifold too that does leak like the bakflip, i spoke to a few guys i work with today and they have the solid fold trifold bed cover, they even have carpet laid down in their dry beds, the difference is that the bakflip is level with the sides in the bed and the solid fold sits on top of the sides above the bed so it channels the water away 100%. and it can't be popped open with a coat hanger like the bakflip either, plus u have to open the bakflip to close the tailgate, with the solid fold the it doesnt have to open to close the tailgate...

and coltstrd buy a 4runner? there are alot of owners out there with fiberglass and composite one piece covers that prefer a dry secure bed...

14. Jan 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    spares

spares Canadian Bacon

Member:
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD Sport
    Holy fuck dude, you've been a member less than two weeks... just long enough to let 99% of the active members know your a complete ass. This guy is trying to sell his tonneau cover, a really nice tonneau cover, for half of its retail price. If someone asked for your opinion and was dumb enough to listen then your comments would be appreciated, but they didn't ergo your comments are unwarranted and unnecessary. Let bizjettech have a sale thread that isn't polluted by your useless disrespectful posts, okay?
    /rant

15. Jan 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    DShack4

DShack4 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Firefighter is just playing devil's advocate. There are two sides to everything. This is a sell thread, I agree with that for sure. At the same time, if anyone has a good or bad experience with a product, I think it's their job to say something. The more people talk about something and the more angles you get, the better the experience is for the potential buyer or the reader.

If someone sees those youtube videos and makes the decision to not buy this cover, then they are stupid. Those videos did exactly what they were intended to do. They raised the question of the potential leak, and bizjet addressed it. His does not leak. Simple as that. Nothing works perfectly all the time and not every one of those covers will be leak-free. The guy from the video, had a bad experience. Someone else has countered it with their good experience. Don't think people should freak out over what firefighter said.

Again, maybe not in a buy/sell thread but people should do their research on products before they buy them. Leaky covers are everywhere, no matter what brand. This one seems to be a good one.

Not to sound like a broken record to you biz, but if you were closer, I'd be all over this. It's exactly what I'm looking for. Good luck on the sale. Looks like a great deal.

Cheers

16. Jan 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM
    bizjettech

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    spares, I totally agree with you. Thanks for posting. I dont mind a fair exchange of information, but I feel the "buy/sell" area is not the place for it. If you see an ad for something someone is trying to sell, ask questions about it, but dont go and post negative comments about the item the op is trying to sell........that is just plain old RUDE! :mad:

17. Jan 27, 2012 at 7:05 AM
    GregLee98

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I don't agree with Dshack that Firefighteru7 is just posting info or being devil's advocate. He has several posts in this thread and no one addressed him with a second question. It is a sell thread and if you want more info on other options, there are other threads for it.

Let the OP sell his cover. Buyers must research and ask questions, like I did. Those that chime in with other products or prices from other threads/sources are being rude. Feel free to PM the OP that there is a cheaper source if you are interested in buying and work a good/fair price, but otherwise = don't buy it. Its that easy.

18. Jan 27, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    ^^^^^ What he said! Constructive comments are one thing... but thread shitting is useless. IF the shitter ever has somethng to sell... hopefully he'll encounter the regular TW folks... not drama queens looking to bolster themselves. Leave that "I am important" shit on Facebook where it belongs! :D

19. Jan 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    DShack4

DShack4 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    I agree as well. That's why I said the buy/sell thread isn't the best place in the world for that. He def came on too strong with the negativity. It was more criticism than constructive criticism.

I'm surprised this thing hasn't sold yet. I'm waiting on a good one like this to pop up in the Southeast.

20. Jan 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    bizjettech

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    The funny thing is FIREFIGHTERU7, who is posting the negative remarks about the bakflip, contacted me several times making offers to purchase my bakflip, but I did not want to ship it. So after several failed attempts to purchase it, he then starts with the negative comments.......:confused::confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top