1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ballistic 814 Jester wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Infra, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    Infra

Infra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    I have a 2010 tacoma dble cab 4x4 trd offroad in magnetic gray. I plan on a lift kit sooner or later and have settled on a 3" lift, but not sure what. I want to know if the Ballistic 814 Jester wheels 17x9 black with red accents would be a sufficient wheel to go with? Not sure what size of tire to go with but I am almost certain I will go with Cooper Discover STT tires.

Can anyone offer opinions or suggestions on those wheels and tires?

2. May 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you are planning on lifting- Left first then get wheels and tires or do it all at once. Cause if you swap wheels and tires now- you'll get tires that fit your stock height...and once you lift you may or may not be happy with how they look.

No sense in buying two new sets of tires over the course of 6 or 10 months....right??

3. May 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Well, IMO the STT's look great, but when it comes to lasting a while they are garbage. I know of two guys that had them on their trucks, looked great although they probable didn't get 20,000 miles combined. Keep looking for tires, there are others out there that are aggressive and look just as good.

4. May 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
    I like those wheels too but I decided not to get them. I don't know if money is an issue for you but the figured I might help. The cheapest I found them is with jkwheels.com. They're $120 a piece now (sale) for 17x9 plus shipping. Shipping for me (Boston) cost $143 so the whole thing came out to be about $623. The next lowest price I see is from buywheelstoday.com. They're $140 a piece plus shipping.

Welcome to TW by the way. :wave:

5. Nov 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM
    Marine751

Marine751 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Inland Empire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver Mica
    Pro-Comp 3 inch lift, 17x9 XD Revolvers, Goodyear Duratracs 285/70/17
    I am interested in those wheels also. Being new to the truck scene and wheels (Wife is okay with it now) is the -12 offset basically the norm for our trucks? I have a 2010 also.

6. Jun 5, 2011 at 7:42 AM
    2011TACOMAWHR

2011TACOMAWHR TACOMA 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    lancaster SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 OR dbcb shortie
    big tires and tiny rims
    I'm going with these rims next Tuesday I'll post a pic i have a 2011 dbl cab long bed doing a 3inch lift and 33 12.50 so I'll throw up a pic when Im done

7. Jun 5, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    Fed Taco

Fed Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cale
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Wheels & Tires, weathertech floor liners, Areo Turbine Exhaust
    I got ballistic wheels I got BFG all terrain. They're good tires 275/65/17 with no lift they rub a bit on the mud flaps but not bad

8. Jun 8, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    MedlinAround

MedlinAround Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD off-road edition Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    The ballistic Jesters are not in stock anywhere at the moment. I first decided that wheel, but ballistic isn't distributing them to none of their warehouses at the moment. They said maybe toward the mid summer they will send some out but if your like me i don't want to wait that long.

Goodluck!

Products Discussed in

To Top