1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Bang-for-Buck" Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Equara11, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Nov 6, 2011 at 9:46 PM
    Equara11

Equara11 [OP] Member

Member:
    San Jose, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 Dbl. Cab V6
    OME 885x front coils with OME shocks, Driver side coil Trim Packer, 10mm top plate spacers, Light Racing UCA's, 1 inch differential drop, swaybar relocate hardware, carrier bearing drop, rear Bilstein 5100 shocks with 1.5 inch block, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, front windows tinted.
    Being on a budget and as a new member, I'm seeking advice for the best 3" lift for my new 2011 DCab 4x4 without going with a full suspensiion lift . I want to maintain the factory ride as much as possible, use the factory tires (265/60/16) for now, and be able to feel confident going off-road at times. I wish for the the truck to be level, yet look more aggressive than stock. I'm partial to rear blocks, but could be convinced otherwise. I've read many threads, but remain so confused as to which way to go. Many thanks up front for any advice.

2. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I don't really think you're gonna find a full 3" lift that is going to ride like stock. Maybe piecing things together, get some longer coils, but at 3", you have very little down travel left on a stock suspension as well. On top of that, anything over 2" and you'll want new upper control arms to correct bump steer. You can drive without em, but your steering wheel pulls all over the place and the tires will scallop eventually.

Rear blocks in our trucks induce axle wrap, not a desirable trait.

If you want cheap, PM me. I am getting rid of my old cheap suspension. I have a Les Schwab (tough country iirc) 3" spacer lift, already mounted on the stock coils and rougly 2" AAL for the back. The front coils have about 90k on them, but they're solid still. It will be very much plug and play for you, since you won't need a spring compressor. To finish install you will want a new leaf spring centering pin, roughly 6 bucks at most at any 4WD store, or probably an autoparts store too. You should also buy the differential drop spacer, I think toytec has em for dirt cheap.

No, it won't drive like a caddilac, far from it, but it will be dirt cheap and get you lifted, then later down the road you can save up and get a nice lift like I did. I just need to get rid of this stuff. PM or search my gallery for the pics.

3. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    if you are keeping the stock tire height I would say either go with new eiback coils (1.6") and billy 5100's set at .85 and a 1.5" AAL. this would give you right around 2" in the front and level you out

or just get the 5100's and set them at 1.75" and call it a day.

4. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    tacomalex

tacomalex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 2.7l 4x4
    plasti dip engine
    This is what I went with -

OME Full Suspension Lift (884's, Toytec AAL)
    Light Racing UCA's
    Extended stainless steel brake lines in the rear

I don't really remember how it rode stock, but the ride is aweosome IMO.

5. Nov 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Just keep reading posts in this section! There's a lot of diff ways you can go. Best thing is read more and learn then decide whats best for your situation!

6. Nov 7, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    Equara11

Equara11 [OP] Member

Member:
    San Jose, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 Dbl. Cab V6
    OME 885x front coils with OME shocks, Driver side coil Trim Packer, 10mm top plate spacers, Light Racing UCA's, 1 inch differential drop, swaybar relocate hardware, carrier bearing drop, rear Bilstein 5100 shocks with 1.5 inch block, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, front windows tinted.
    Thanks for the info guys. What's the word on the street about OME suspension lift kits?

7. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    OME is suppose to be really good. and you can pick between 884, 885, or 886 coils. depending on if you have a plate bumper or winch up front.

Go to toytec lifts or wheelersoffroad.com and check them out

8. Nov 8, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    Equara11

Equara11 [OP] Member

Member:
    San Jose, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 Dbl. Cab V6
    I'm leaning towards OME. Is the 884 the plusher of the 3 coils?

9. Nov 8, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Yes , but also least amount of lift

Products Discussed in

To Top