1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bank of America Dumps Gun Industry Client, McMillan Group Int'l, ...Because...

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by wileyC, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Apr 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    wileyC

wileyC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    BofA is anti-gun..

read here:
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/20/anti-gun-bank-of-america-tells-gun-company-to-find-another-bank/

2. Apr 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    time to move all my $$$$ (not really that much). another corp in bed with obama

3. Apr 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    Time to move my accounts.

4. Apr 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    BOA has done several things I don't agree with but I use them because I have several accounts with them, they have branches and ATMs nation-wide and it would be a big hassle for me to change. Look deeply enough and you will find something about any large company that you don't like. Welcome to the real world.

5. Apr 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    wileyC

wileyC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    true, but BofA has had a pattern of being against 2A... these guys are screwing us twice - getting bailed out w/ taxpayer money, and discriminating against gunowners/industry...

6. Apr 21, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    Not to go on a rant but I refuse to take the spoonful of shit the big companies are trying to feed me. One voice does matter. I dislike the self check out line that are everywhere now and refuse to use one. Whwn the employee tells me to use it instead of standing in line I decline politly and then explain that they will be less jobs (their job) if I continue to do their job

7. Apr 21, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    TacoMTB

TacoMTB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    SnugTop XV, Bedrug, 5100's, Toytec AAL, Weathertech, BFG KO 2's on ProComp 7069's.
    True dat. I closed all my accounts at BoA and moved to a credit union last December. I'll never forget the bank managers expression when I told her why it was happening, "because I cannot do business with a bank that took bailout money and still screwed their customers. Have a nice day."

8. Apr 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    I paid off B of A five years ago(credit card) and refuse to ever do business with them again if I can help it. (Sometimes mortgages get sold and they get them, nothing I can do about that). They jacked my interest rate up to 34% after a late payment when I was going thru a divorce and never told me. I called them to ask about it and they gave me no love so I gave them the boot. Never again.
    They suck!!!

9. Apr 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    Bank of America hasn't always been the "big bad." They opened in the US as a branch of the Bank of Italy to give loans and bank services to immigrants that US banks would not. They also provided loans that were instrumental in the rebuilding of San Francisco after the earthquake and fire of 1906.

Like it or not, it sometimes behooves one to go with a large and long-established banking institution. A few years ago I had much of my savings in a smaller bank because they were paying high CD interest rates. One day I got on bankrate.com and noticed that their four-star rating had dropped to one star. Before I got a chance to look into it farther I got a letter from the FDIC informing me that the bank had failed. I eventually got my money back but it was an eye-opener. Now I keep my money in a bank that the government considers too big to let fail.

10. Apr 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM
    Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab Tacoma 4x4
    If you are anti 2a, you don't get my business. Period.

11. Apr 22, 2012 at 3:17 AM
    Teniente

Teniente Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City, NV/Ensenada, Baja California, MX
    Vehicle:
    White 2006 SR5 DCSB 4x4
    If you are active duty, Guard, Reserve or a veteran, use USAA. They were founded by military people for military people. Very friendly and great service for banking, financial or insurance. Been with them since 1978. I have direct deposit, use their on line bill pay and use ATM's all over the US/Baja and get ATM fees reimbursed by USAA.

https://www.usaa.com

I also keep a small account at a local credit union, and can electronically transfer funds from my USAA accounts to the local CU if needed.

12. Apr 22, 2012 at 4:58 AM
    Noslow100

Noslow100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4
    Toytec 3 Inch lift kit with Bilstein 5100's, and more
    I did almost the same thing last November. Had a similar response when I told the branch manager that boa is a greedy pig of a company and I refuse to deal with them or let them have a dime of my hard earned money any more. She tried to tell me about the numerous branches and locations and I stopped her and reminded her of the large push for online banking and I step foot in a branch maybe a handful of times in a year. I have not missed all of their locations one bit. Navy federal credit union is awesome.

13. Apr 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    USAA is the SHIT!!!!

Best costumer service ever!!

14. Apr 22, 2012 at 2:06 PM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    I, too, do not like BOA but in the interest of being fair must offer a comment regarding the TARP money.

BOA had a balanced portfolio and had adequate loan reserves when everything started to tank at the end of 2008. They told the US Treasury they did not want any TARP money.

Treasury came back and, from what I understand, essentially told BOA they were going to take Merrill Lynch over whether they wanted to or not. All the TARP monies that BOA received were for Merrill Lynch losses, something the BOA management had not been part of creating. As soon as possible BOA floated some stock issues to get Treasury out of their business.

As for the origins of BOA, the Little Italy part of the bank started in California was taken over by NCNB who took the BOA name over. All the hate mail should be sent to Charlotte, NC.

15. Apr 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    bubbagumps

bubbagumps Well-Known Member

Member:
    There are always two sides to every story.

I am not syaing bofa is not anti 2a. But then again, based on what I just read, there is not enough info to say they are, either. The problem with articles like this is that you only get limtied info and sometimes it contains a slant.

We have no idea what the real deal is and why things turned out the way it did. Banks don't like losing customers, especially corporate customers with good credit and history. I find it difficult to believe that a high-profile bank would make a polticial statement that would hurt their standing among a great many customers or potential customers. It makes absolutely no business sense.

The problem is that people will read into stories like this whatever they want to see -- on both sides of the isle. I just read this and say--slow news day. If I was a fly on the wall during the meeting, I might have more to share. Other than that, nobody can say for sure.

16. Apr 22, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    Teniente

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 2006 SR5 DCSB 4x4
    From SNOPES.............

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp

From the McMillan Facebook page:
    · 7,157 like this ·

• McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
      At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”
      “That is correct” he says.
      I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
      “You have to do what you must” he said.
      “So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
      Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D McMillan
      Director of Operations
      McMillan Group International, LLC
      623-582-9635
      www.mcmillanusa.com

17. Apr 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    bubbagumps

bubbagumps Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well, Snopes is about as reliable a news source as the National Enquirer. It's basically a gossip rag for politcially minded individuals. The truth is, it is hard today to get the real news today without Liberal or Conservtive bias or hysteria. Most media outlets today pander to one side or the other and that is how they thrive. If news outlets just reported, nobody would watch. People sign in to hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest. All media outlets know how to push the right buttons with their readership. 90% of 'news' is polticial commentary disguised as objective reporting. This applies to msot of the major outlets like CNN, Foxnews, MSNBC etc...

To quote Shakespeare, todays media is "..a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signfiying nothing."

18. Apr 22, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    if i used BofA i would dump them right now!

19. Apr 22, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Their Director of Operations' grammar is as bad as Chris's :rolleyes:

20. Apr 22, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    Teniente

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 2006 SR5 DCSB 4x4

Really??????..........why don't you contact Kelly McMillan for the story.....he was there, you were not.

Still doubt the story?????.......ckeck out their Facebook page:

Additional from the McMillan Group Facebook page:

What a wild three days. It seems as though I have either been answering emails or monitoring what is happening here constantly since Thursday afternoon.

I want to thank everyone. I have tried to keep up with every comment and reply to every message I have received. I have to admit that at times there were so many remarks coming in that I could not keep up. What I do know is that there is a hu...ge number of people who cherish their 2nd Amendment right and are willing to step in and help fight this battle. I want to say Thank you, from everyone at McMillan's who's family depends on us being able to continue doing what we do. Thank you for your support of my right to engage in a legal business that provides the means for not only individuals who just love firearms but also to the soldiers, law enforcement, Border Patrol, Secret Service, FBI and so many people who defend us to do their job. We take pride in the fact that we have served this country continuously since 1975 when we made the first M40A1 stock for the Marines.

I know this is not about McMillan. It's about the possibility of losing our freedom and right to keep and bear arms. If this had happened to any other company I am sure all of you would have been on their web page shouting your allegiance to the cause.
    And I want to thank you for that.

Please don't wake up tomorrow and forget this. Don't forget to follow through and let this fade into obscurity as so many "causes" do. I haven't asked anyone to close any accounts or credit cards. If that is how you fight this war, then great. But even if you don't, find a way to make sure that every time our 2nd Amendment rights are challenged, you become a soldier and do what you can to make sure we defend our rights.

Kelly McMillan

Products Discussed in

To Top