1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bare bones

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by transplant, May 17, 2012.

1. May 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    transplant

transplant [OP] resident know-nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:
    89 sr5, 99 OR, 11sport, 14 offroad
    ok, so ive decided im building either a 2012 or 2013 (depending on when the 2013 actually arrives) and i no longer want the bells and whistles of the trd packages since ill be modding the bejeesus out of it. my question is.. if im going to put a lift (such as an rcd 4.5") on a base model which sits significantly lower.. is this going to work out the same as replacing an sr5's suspension? it would be uca's, leafs, and coil overs to bring it up to correct height right?
    i do have a list of things i want for this truck though and thus increases my dilemma. i want color keyed fenders and mirrors (powered mirrors), the trd seats, drl, 6spd, 4x4, the radio with the usb/aux input, tow package...

and i know the sport has a beefier axle than the offroad (8.0 vs 8.4) does this hold true for the lower models? these dealers cant tell me squat and i want the bigger diff (that im going to put a locker in)

i know, i know.. this is the millionth time someone has asked this kinda question..

first world problems.

2. May 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    transplant

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:
    i wasnt sure.. i didnt even think about that the base model would be a 5 lug. so.. i need a six lug.. i just need this in terms my dealer can understand.. i dont want to give him a list and say "do it" then wait 6 weeks for nothing.

3. May 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    transplant

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:

fair enough.. that makes sense.. im just trying to waste as little $ on things im just going to take off the truck in 6 months...

Products Discussed in

To Top