1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

basic maintenance help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by baca4age, May 11, 2012.

1. May 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    baca4age

baca4age [OP] New Member

Member:
    cali
    Vehicle:
    aw11 all the way
    Hello my names Eddy and I'm writing you from sunny California. A coworker of mine went up to me and said I heard you work on cars.I was like yeah so he asked me if I can do w couple of things for him.he has a 08 prerunner And wants new rotors,pads,drums, shoes,spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter. I said no problem . I built my car (mr2) from the ground up so I know my way around a car. Just I have never worked on these cars.any special tools needed for the rear brakes? Also can someone tell me where the cabin filter is located? I wanted to know how Much you would charge in labor,don't want to overprice him or underprice him. Thanks in advance

2. May 12, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Unless he has ridiculous miles on his truck, you won't need to do the rear brakes, they should last at the very minimum 75K miles, but even then I had mine replaced for other reasons and they were almost like new. They should last 100k easily. Just check the wear indicator and verify its good.

Front brakes are a cinch... nothing special. Assuming you work at a decent rate, it would take you probably 3 hours by yourself. Shop rates are generally 75 dollars an hour or more.

EDIT: Look in t he back of the owners manual and it will tell you what is due and when. You'll see theres not much!

3. May 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    M8x1.25 bolt to back the drums off.

Stock spark plugs on the v6 are NGK on one side and Denso on the other. I went all NGK copper plugs when I changed mine out.

Cabin filter is behind the glove box, the glove box dampener thing is really easy to break and a total PITA.

Products Discussed in

To Top