1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bass Interior LED write up.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BlueTaco07, May 5, 2012.

1. May 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 [OP] Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    Hello all,
    This is my first write up on a simple mod I perfromed the other day to enhance my interiors character. This Mod is quite simple only requiring a few minutes of work.
    What you will need.
    * A set of interior LED lights. Easy found at any hardware store via autozone pepboys even walmart.
    * Electrical Tape.
    * Wire Splicers
    * And Speaker wire of any size. preferribly small to hide it easier.
    * A subwoofer in a box. (Could work with door speaker but never tried it.)

The steps of this are quite simple Each LED light pack comes with two strings of light. Theres a 22 inch set and a 16inch I beileve. Bigger lines give out more light however. Find a spot to place the lights via under seats etc. They come with double sided tape already so just stick where you want. NOTE flashing lights are a distraction while driving I do not recomend placing them in the front where you drive. Or outside which is illegal. Anyways On each in is speaker wire about 3 inches long. Use common sense and connect the + with + and - with - to the speaker wire you have purchased, after connected be sure to throw electrical tape on it and run the wiring from the light to the sub box. Try to have the lights and wire hidden to make the look proffessional. After the speaker wire is ran to thye sub box just connect your + with + and - to - on the wires powering your sub. If done correctly your LEDS will then hit with the sub and looks great. It might be lame but i was my first homemade mod. Hope you guys enjoy.
    wire4.jpg The LED strip. Located under my rear seat.

wire 3.jpg Attachment of speaker wire to the LED.

wire 2.jpg Wires running to my sub. Note I have four wires because I have another LED under the other seat so dont get confused by that. Also the wires are hidden under the seat the whole time.

Wire.jpg The speaker wire ran straight to the sub wires.

wire5.jpg Video If it works. sub gives very bad quality.

Goodluck guys! Hope this helps.

2. May 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 [OP] Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    Sorry that Its in the 2nd gen thought I was in a differnt fourm. Mods please move if you can.

To Top