1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Battery light and headlights flashing, and radio turning off???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by itsatacomathing18, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    itsatacomathing18

itsatacomathing18 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Lifted
    Lift kit, 16" Helo Chrome Wheels, 33" GoodYear Wrangler MTR's, Blacked out tail lights, 7 inch Jensen Flip up monitor....
    Hey all, I have an 06 SR5 Tacoma 6spd, it has around 120k. The last couple of months the battery light would flash along with my headlights when I had them on obviously, and my aftermarket radio would shut off. I got my alternator tested and they said it was fine, but they said the battery was lacking in cranking amps, but it would be fine for a little longer. So I waited and it didn't do it for about a month and now its doing it again. I really don't think it is the battery, but I could be wrong. and I have had the radio in for about 3 years so I doubt its anything involving that. Any help or suggestions on things to check would be greatly appreciated.
    Jordan

2. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    There's a thread on here of people saying when their batteries need replacing, if you are on your original battery at 120k it probably needs changing.

3. Apr 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    itsatacomathing18

itsatacomathing18 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Lifted
    Lift kit, 16" Helo Chrome Wheels, 33" GoodYear Wrangler MTR's, Blacked out tail lights, 7 inch Jensen Flip up monitor....
    I believe it is the second one.

To Top