1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Battery Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by eyball, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Mar 16, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    eyball

eyball [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quinebaug, CT
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab SR5 V6
    Extang Tri-Fecta Tonneau cover, Westin nerf bars, K&N intake, OEM roof rack.
    So I ordered a battery from the dealer online because you get 20% off, but this dealer is about 45 minutes away. We ran some other errands so it was worth the trip. When I went to swap the battery I realized my battery was the larger tow package battery and that's not the I got. I emailed the dealer and he said I can swap no problem. So I went back tonight after work and swapped it. I got home and realized while it's a group 27 it's not the 27f so it's only 675cca and 160rc. the invoice had the 710cca one on it so I did not check the battery but should have. my question is should I even bother going back again to swap this? I think I am just going to install this one in the truck. I only tow my boat and it's only a 16 footer so I don't think the little bit less matters. Any input would be great! thanks!

2. Mar 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    jerretxx

jerretxx Some do, others talk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerret
    North Carolina
    most batteries push more CCA when their new than they are rated for. You will be fine, the only thing that may affect you is the life of the battery, but i highly doubt it will

3. Mar 16, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    675, 710, your fine.

4. Mar 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM
    eyball

eyball [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quinebaug, CT
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab SR5 V6
    Extang Tri-Fecta Tonneau cover, Westin nerf bars, K&N intake, OEM roof rack.
    That's what I figured. The stock is only 575cca & 130reserve. Just wanted some 2nd opinions. Not worth another 1.5 hour round trip. Thanks guys!:eek:

To Top