1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

[FOUND] Help with or shop recommendations for installing camper shell seal

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by JasonLee, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Nov 20, 2017 at 9:49 PM
    Anderson

Anderson Dudemanbro

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    ProBro
    Stuff
    Also, forgot to add that Stormin Normins campers in San Jose has been helpful in the past for me. Just in case your not interested in the DIY arena.

2. Nov 21, 2017 at 8:07 AM
    dman100

dman100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB
    Unlike a typical cab-high shell the FlipPac is hard to lift with your back ... at least mine was, with my back. Also, most folks don't have overhead space for a crane or lift tall enough to lift a FlipPac from above. However prying up one corner at a time to get progressively thicker pieces of wood under each corner was quite easy. Not sure about the Gen1 Tacoma, but on my T100 the fiberglass extended far enough outside the bed walls/rear fenders, creating a good lifting surface, and I could insert an appropriate length 2x4 almost vertically, with the top of the board wedged into overhang of the shell at the top of the bed, and the bottom on the ground. The length should allow a gap of a few inches between the board and the widest part of the outer rear fender. With a towel between the board and the fender to protect the paint! I could then "walk" the board in towards the fender, until there's no gap, thus raising the camper. Again, wish I had pictures, but I used this technique to do exactly what you need to do when I got my used FP.

Overlanerd and Anderson like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top