1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BD Squadron Sport Wiring- Splice in to Existing A/M wiring or start from Scratch?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by BPtaco28, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Jan 18, 2022 at 4:44 PM
    BPtaco28

BPtaco28 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma SR5
    Purchased a 2015 SR5 from the son of a gentleman that unfortunately passed away. He had A/M "rally lights" on the bully bar of the A/M bumper. He was an electrician and seemed to do a pretty clean job of wiring, coming from my untrained observation. I took the rally lights off so I could put Baja Squadron Sport fog lights in and eventually ditch lights. Wondering what would be the best option of going about this;
    1. Using the existing wiring he ran for the lights. There are 4 male end connections for the 4 now removed rally lights. I would use 2 of the 4 connections and wrap the rest up safely. 4 lights are connected to 2 switches in the cab. 2 lights per switch- if you know what I mean. I assume I would have to cut the male ends off and splice a new connector on to match what came on the fogs I have.
    2. Run it all back and rip it all out (stopping if it really is a nice job) but starting from scratch with the Baja harness and equipment the fogs came with.
    3. There are OEM fog light connectors that are hanging around in there unused. I would need an adapter from an auto parts store (BD has them too apparently). Assuming these OEM connections have juice to them. This sounds like the easiest way for me, but that leaves all the unused wiring laying around unless I did just rip it out anyways.

Photo 1. and 3. are of the wiring for the rally lights. Photo 2 is the OEM fog connection.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!

IMG-7915.jpg
    IMG-7919.jpg
    IMG-7917.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top