1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Cover Opinions

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by inlinejohn, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 8:13 AM
    inlinejohn

inlinejohn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport SR5 4WD LB
    3" spacer/AAL lift, Toyo Open Country MT 265/70R17, Kenwood USB, Truxedo LowPro QT, Grillcraft w TOYOTA emblem...coming soon, Avid Offroading Sliders...coming soon.
    http://www.peragon.com/

or can you suggest something better/similar. I like the price ($600), so hoping to not spend a bunch more.

2. Mar 31, 2010 at 10:17 PM
    ABP

ABP Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Carrollton, TX
    Vehicle:
    97 Reg Cab V6 Supercharged
    V6, TRD blower, R154 Trans, JBA headers.
    I am looking at the same one. The only complaint I seem to find about it is "it is not 100% water tight. It will leak a little from the edges. I have a Pace Edwards Bedlocker on my F250 and it leaks the same way.

3. Apr 1, 2010 at 6:13 AM
    inlinejohn

inlinejohn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport SR5 4WD LB
    3" spacer/AAL lift, Toyo Open Country MT 265/70R17, Kenwood USB, Truxedo LowPro QT, Grillcraft w TOYOTA emblem...coming soon, Avid Offroading Sliders...coming soon.
    I think I'm leaning towards the BAK rollup version. I like the rollup feature better than the accordion style foldup.

4. Apr 1, 2010 at 6:25 AM
    pwrstrk02

pwrstrk02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    randy
    kansas city missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4,dc,off road, black pearl
    fold ups= i hate all the lines, i hate the concept of them, i hate that they take up bed space, (and for the coment "just take it off and put it in your back seat", do what? why would i want a nasty dirty bed cover in my back seat?)
    roll ups= i like the clean look, i like that it rolls up on top of the bed rail and doesnt get in the way,

5. Apr 1, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    ShadowFalken

ShadowFalken Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    10 Off Road
    Raptor stainless bars, Wet Okole covers, RollBak bed cover, PopNLock, Redline hood struts, XM radio factory kit
    I like my RollBak so far. Under 1K shipped cross country. Secure. I use it with a bed extender. Makes a nice grocery area at the back of the bed with it folded inside and the gate closed. Not water PROOF, but take your time with the install and add a little extra weather stripping and it takes a pretty good blast to get any water in the bed. (Think car wash)

6. Apr 1, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    Cruzin90

Cruzin90 Member

Member:
    Absolute best bang for your buck is Undercover. They have three models: Classic, SE, SE-Smooth (painted to match your truck)

Lightweight (about 58 pounds), made to be easily removable from your truck, you can stand on it, has 3-LED bedlight. Street price is about $650, more for the paintable one.

To Top