1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Liner Paint Job

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sikruis, May 3, 2024.

1. May 3, 2024 at 6:57 AM
    sikruis

sikruis [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Off Road
  2. May 3, 2024 at 7:13 AM
    mic_sierra

mic_sierra Toshiba HDDVD is the future

Member:
    Elsewhere
    Vehicle:
    '21 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4 Auto
    My body guy and I were talking about Raptor liner (and bedliners in general) and his recommendation was to shoot bedliner out of a gun that you would paint or stain a house with. The catalyst mixed with the liner has a tendency to clog the nozzles of auto paint sprayers because of the thickness and texture of the product. He has had the best results with DIY home paint/stain sprayers.

3. May 3, 2024 at 7:17 AM
    sikruis

sikruis [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Off Road
    Yep, heard similar. I've got my paint thinner ready and will be cleaning the gun obsessively. Watched several videos and, hopefully, have learned from the mistakes of others.

4. May 3, 2024 at 7:25 AM
    mic_sierra

mic_sierra Toshiba HDDVD is the future

Member:
    Elsewhere
    Vehicle:
    '21 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4 Auto
    I'm interested to know how you like the product. I am on TCP's website and it looks like quality stuff. I'm wanting to line the bed of my 1 ton dually and also want to bedline my off road travel trailer when I am done modding it. Please post pics and updates at intervals if it isn't too much trouble. Subbed.

5. May 4, 2024 at 2:22 PM
    bhigbee

bhigbee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barney
    Hayden Id
    Vehicle:
    Wrecked 07 DCSB
    35s, flatbed, rhino liner paint, SOS front bumper, JD Fab lca pivot, JD Fab inner fenders and some other stuff.
    I had mine Rhino lined from a shop. It's still my favorite thing about it. It's super tough and easy to clean. I've had it for 4 years now and have yet to hand wash it, just use a pressure washer and you're good to go. I've also drove down some extremely brushed in roads without any damage. Totally worth it for me.20201101_073926.jpg
    Resized_20221106_085304.jpg

deanosaurus likes this.
  6. May 4, 2024 at 2:44 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
  7. May 5, 2024 at 12:25 PM
    filo bedo

filo bedo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Apache Junction Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCSB TRD
    I’ve sprayed four different vehicles with Raptor liner. Very easy to do, most of the work is in the prep. Once it’s ready to spray it only takes about an hour if the temperature is above eighty degrees. I sprayed one when it was 110’ and by the time I was wrapped around the vehicle the area I started on was dry. Once you learn how to overlap each stroke to avoid the tiger stripe look it is easy. You will need a pretty good air compressor with a regulator and dryer.
    The finished product isn’t for everyone, it’s one of those things people either love it or hate it. Very durable and easy to clean up but you can scratch it and it shows. Any questions feel free to ask.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073V7N7JF/?coliid=I2SX5Z4GV336PX&colid=36DFK7VIMTSNE

the gun I linked is awesome, you can dial in the texture and it lays down the spray evenly. I sprayed some acetone through mine every couple bottles and it worked great.

Last edited: May 5, 2024
    planetbuster likes this.
To Top