1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed mat for bottom of toolbox

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by shampoop, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Aug 16, 2011 at 10:25 PM
    shampoop

shampoop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    southwest WA
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma extracab v6 auto trd offroad 4x4
    So I basically want a bed mat to cut into a 40" X 20" rectangle and put at the bottom of my toolbox to prevent stuff from sliding around, but I don't want to pay for an expensive bed mat just to use a tiny portion of it. I don't want something similar to whats in normal toolbox drawers as it is not thick enough, tough enough, or grippy enough for what I want. I really do want something just like a bed mat.

Any ideas where I should look? I'll keep my eyes out on craigslist for a really cheap used mat I could hack up, but I'm unsure how long I may find myself waiting for one to pop up.

2. Aug 17, 2011 at 1:43 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Go to a truck parts store and buy a large dump truck style mud flap and cut.

Frank

3. Aug 21, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    If you have a farm supply store in your area, go there and look for rubber stall mats. They will probably be outside.

They are made of recycled rubber and are about 4' x 6' x 1/2" thick. The one I bought has a diamond plate pattern on the front and drainage grooves molded into the bottom side.

I bought one to use under our Bowflex machine and it works great.

Here's a link to show you what I'm talking about.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/equine...t-rubber-horse-stall-mat-4-ft-x-6-ft--2219003

4. Aug 21, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Buy the stuff people use to line the shelves of their Kitchen cabinets. It's really cheap you can get it lowes.

Products Discussed in

To Top