1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Molle Panels

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by daveeasa, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Jul 10, 2020 at 11:49 AM
    daveeasa

daveeasa [OP] Slowest crimp in the West

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2016 OR 4x4 DCSB MGM 6MT
    I did some quick searching and didn't see anything obvious but if anyone can point me to a good thread on this topic, much appreciated.

I have a short bed w lomax tonneau cover and recently installed a mountain hatch because sitting on the factory tailgate for an extended period was a little less comfortable than I expected. I have two small boys who apparently really like to play in the truck bed. I have a bed mat so seating is super comfy now but the side rails aren't all that back-friendly.

I'm contemplating this:
    https://caliraisedoffroad.com/colle...ucts/2005-2019-toyota-tacoma-bed-molle-system

My questions:
    1. Does anyone know of a molle mounted (or direct rail mounted) seatback cushion or cushion of any sort which might space my back away from the tonneau rail (boy does that question make me feel pathetically old)? I'm thinking I can probably cobble something together from any old cushion and some brackets.

2. Are there other options for side molle panels than this manufacturer which I should look at?

3. It looks like this model blocks the entire rail but their other model (which doesn't block the rail from cleats) supposedly doesn't work with a tonneau cover? Does anyone have a side molle panel who might comment on the differences/specifics? I'm thinking this model is spaced further away from the side so it clears the brackets which connect to the tonneau rails?

4. Are there any downsides to adding a molle panel to the sides other than potential loss of rail use?

donp likes this.
  2. Jul 10, 2020 at 3:49 PM
    Blackbeard83

Blackbeard83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Sport 4x4 ACLB MBM MT
    currently stock
    monkeyevil and daveeasa [OP] like this.
  3. Jul 10, 2020 at 4:02 PM
    waltuo

waltuo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toyotas
    I have a roll n lock. The screw towards the cab was a pia to set up but I don’t think tonneau equipped trucks to have that problem.

1630BC69-B650-41C1-B890-B4E0237C3ADF.jpg

Attached Files:

daveeasa [OP] likes this.
  4. Jul 10, 2020 at 4:42 PM
    daveeasa

daveeasa [OP] Slowest crimp in the West

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2016 OR 4x4 DCSB MGM 6MT
    I was thinking, I can just put some molle pouches and stuff them with rope/tie downs / bungees and I get comfy back _and_ easily accessible gear retention, a win-win.

Blackbeard83 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top