1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Rail Bar / Prototype Model

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by w8n4mud, Feb 7, 2010.

?

Would you buy one? If so, tell me for how much.

Poll closed May 8, 2010.
  1. Yes. I like it and would buy one.

42.2%
  2. Yes. I like it but wouldn't buy one.

27.6%
  3. No. I don't like it.

11.2%
  4. If the price was right, I'd consider one (tell me what you would pay).

19.0%
  1. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    No drill required! Bolt on application.

2. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Ok thanks I am in and I voted to buy. I look forward to the GB. Which payments options are you going to take?

3. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    I know there are many types of covers, canopies & bed shells out there that use the track system OR even have to remove the rear track (back wall) system all together. For those of you with a bed rail system on the back wall, all I can say is that I will look into it and try to view some Tacos with them on so I can get an idea of how I can best use the parts that have been made.

4. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Good question but I dont know yet. I'm assuming paypal, check or money order.

5. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Ok let me know, I just dont know how to use paypal (other then on ebay) so the other options would be my first choice.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I'm certainly interested.

If you have a paypal account (which you do if you've used it on Ebay), just sign into it and go to the "Send Money" menu (tab along the top of the page).

The OP will provide an email address at some point if he's going to accept PayPal payments, so you'd put that email in as the recipient.

You put in the amount you're going to send.

Then choose the "personal" menu (in the box below the amount) and select "Gift". This will make sure that PayPal doesn't take a bite of the money before it gets to the recipient.

That's all there is to it.

7. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ok i would just sign into my ebay account, then follow the instructions??? Thanks for the help...

8. Feb 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    j1999t

j1999t Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    traded it in
    i have a rollup tonneau on the bed, and am really hoping this bar will work with it... any idea if it will? i really want one of these

9. Feb 9, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Here is a pic of my old roll-up cover. The only way to make the bed rail bar work is if the brackets were turned around and reversed with the bed rail bar actually inside the bed against the wall versus above the bed and against the back windows. The idea is you'd have lights still available for the bed but it wouldn't be above any cargo. The "L" brackets that I have can very well be used on the sides with a light attached to it too. I'll be taking a pic of that soon.
    [​IMG]

10. Feb 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    No. you'd sign into http://www.paypal.com with your email address and password (it's the same password you use when you pay with paypal on eBay). There's a tab on the site to send money.

11. Feb 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Oh okay thanks. that was easy enough. I dont do much purchasing on line in case you havent noticed.

12. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    j1999t

j1999t Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    traded it in
    when do you think these will be available for purchase? could i pay you (if i purchase it) to make extensions (to make it taller) so i can use the whole bar backwards as you explained, i plan on putting two antennas and a light or two back there... i plan on mounting it like normal, but the top bar reversed, above the bed... idk if that sounds right

13. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    :notsure: Not sure what you mean.
    I get that you want it taller but not sure how you want it installed. When I get ready for the group buy, I will be posting pictures of the individual parts I have to assemble it. Then I hopefully will plan on posting pictures of them assembled and the various ways one can do it. All the parts will come to you unassembled. Additional parts can be ordered should you have the need to try other options (I guess make it taller). Shoot me a PM and explain it one more time if you don't mind. haha. I think I can do it but unsure as my little icon indicated.

14. Feb 10, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    You've got a good design and a lot of interest.

Jump on the opportunity before it it's gone....... Get busy man...... :D

15. Feb 10, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:

x2 I am already trying to find out which PIAA's will look best.

16. Feb 12, 2010 at 1:52 AM
    Stupid hurts.

Stupid hurts. Hoogie boogie!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Impluse Red Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    American Motorsports Front Long Travel Kit, Total Chaos Rear Dual Shock Hoop Kit, Engage 50T Leaf Pack, Engage Front & Rear Hangers, American Motorsports Shackles
    Bump for some pretty legit bed rail bars. I saw these in person today and I can tell you they're super sturdy and won't go anywhere. :thumbsup:

17. Feb 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    :popcorn: subscribed

18. Feb 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Right on... Thanks Steven.
    Yeah, I'm getting the packaging from FedEx ready and my Paypal account is up again and ready. Gonna start prepping some more. I'm looking forward to it. Stay Tuned!

19. Feb 12, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    I'm gonna snatch one up when I sell my Tonneau Al!

Can't wait.

20. Feb 12, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    ballpark price? does it come with the lights? interested....

Products Discussed in

To Top