1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed storage ??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Riverpirate, May 6, 2017.

1. May 26, 2017 at 10:42 AM
    BKinzey

BKinzey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beauford
    Hollywierd, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off Road 4x4 V6
    RCI aluminum front skid, SnugTop, Sliders, bedside supports, LED interior, CaliRaised fogs & brackets, rear diff breather mod, DIY bed platform
    I bought these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DVO7G7G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bit the bullet and got the clear because it really helps to be able to see inside without opening the lid. These are better built than the general hardware, Home Depot, Costco type. One caution, they don't seal and hold water like a :bucket:. So keep that in mind or drill some holes:cool: I like these smaller ones because the larger ones get heavy quickly. I also got them because with my rubber bed mat they are just the right height for a platform to utilize the preform in the bed and eliminate the cross bed stays.

2. May 26, 2017 at 11:05 AM
    remgu2000

remgu2000 Keepin' on keepin' on.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Roswell, GA
    Vehicle:
    Used to have a 2017 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road DCSB 4x4
    It's pretty good. Some friends have mentioned how finish matches the truck bed. The only think I've noticed is light rust on the latches but after spraying them with a little wd40 they seem ok. They are thick and hold a padlock well. The other thing is that there are no rubber seals, so it's pretty tight but not as much as I would like. So I bought a rubber gasket at home depot (meant for doors) and it works fine. I think silicon would also work.

TacomaMike37[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jun 6, 2017 at 8:14 PM
    T2Flo

T2Flo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DC SB
    Glovebox and console LED's. Repurposed 1952 International Harvester refrigerator bottle opener installed in bed.
    IMG_3047.jpg
    Just bought this the other day from my local military surplus store. It's a surplus medical container. Got it for $80. It has a gasket and seems pretty indestructible. Cheaper than a Pelican and with a little more character. There were "legs" made to convert the top into a tabletop but I haven't been able to find any yet.

4. Jun 6, 2017 at 8:30 PM
    JDRockz

JDRockz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Crestline, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    12' DCSB
    It all about personal preference! I have have used most and they served there purpose depending on the needs of that given trip.

5. Jun 6, 2017 at 8:38 PM
    baldridge

baldridge War Eagle!!!!! KN4OYZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Bart
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD Offroad and 2015 Black Prerunner SR5
    OME Lift with HD Dakar’s C4 Slim Line Bumper 4.88 ECGS Gears ARB Single Air Compressor ARB Rear Air Locker JBA UCA’s 285 BFG KO2’s Weather Tech Floor Mats Martin OffRoad Rack Console Vault KB Voodoo Cab Height Rack 23Zero RTT 23Zero Awning 23Zero Shower Tent Maxtrax Black MaxTrax amounting Pins Krazy Beaver Shovel Fiskers Axe Smittybilt ace and Shovel Mount Quickfists Rotopax 4 Gallon Rotopax Mounting Plate Rotopax Mounting Brackets Decked Storage System Alu Cab XL Tilt Fridge Slide ARB Elements Fridge OEM Skid Plate Local Sliders Uniden 510XL Cali Raised Tailgate Antenna Mount Fire Stick 3 foot Antenna PowerTray Fuse Panel Blue Seas Fuse Box Blue Seas Breaker Cali Raised Ditch Light Mounts Rigid Ditch Lights Alpha Rex Head Lights with LED bulbs Blue Ridge Overland Tacoma Attic Blue Ridge Overland Seat storage bags
    UnderCover Swing Cases

IMG_9675.jpg
    IMG_9671.jpg

T2Flo likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top