1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bedliner Fender Flares

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tink, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Dec 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    tink

tink [OP] New Member

Member:
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
    Hey guys, my fender flares are taking a beating from the sun here in AZ & are turning white. Has anybody sprayed Dupli-Color bed coating on their flares? If so, any tips ??

I just coated my skid plates, turned out good.

Thanks

2. Dec 12, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    jkeller did that to his and they look great. There also some ways to get them back to black or at least better than they are. 303 aerospace and turtle wax ice are 2 products I've used on mine and have had success. I've also heard of some people using a heat gun on the plastic like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw0cWfTZ_dA

3. Dec 12, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    there are some boys on here who have sprayed their flares and it looks awesome,ill be doing it next year but for now i use a mr.clean magic eraser first which brings the life back to the flares(or any other plastic part thats faded),then i use Mothers back to black.

4. Dec 13, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    98Tacoma

98Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    V.A.
    Vehicle:
    1998 V6 xtracab
    k&N intake, 40 flowmaster turndown, westin brushguard,10 inch JL sub, alpine cd player.painted black tool box. bilstein 5100s 3inch Ebiach springs all around and toytec aal. mickey thompson beadlocks. and 33inch goodyear duratracs
    i did this about a year ago with the dupli color bed liner. i first sanded it down with 320 grit then sanded it with 1000 then i washed it with soap and water then used acetone to clean it. even after that some has came off around the rubber type seal. but u can touch it up if that happens. good luck hope it turns out good

To Top