1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Been busy lately. BATTLE ROYALE with bamboo.

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by aficianado, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Aug 27, 2016 at 5:22 PM
    aficianado

aficianado [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    seriously, i think insane people plant this shit.

i bought a new house. super nice backyard garden. very green, very lush. sucks a lot of that green was from the bamboo hedge running along the back. i asked and this grove is very old. very established. it was not contained properly and it had to go. the previous owner told me her gardner kept the roots trimmed. i think he was scamming her. running roots were everywhere!!

so i went with the nuclear option. a team of laborers with jackhammer. they took it all out of my yard and left. my turn!! i went over the hedge area again and with a mattock pick and took out all rootballs they missed. then i attacked my yard and chased the runners. WTF!!?? they were very very long and i had to kill several bushes to remove the rhizomes. you tug on a root and see a bush shaking? bush never survives. i think i did a good job..i practically SIEVED my yard looking for roots. since i killed the "parent"plant, any escaped roots send out a bright green shoot looking for sunshine. AHA!! i see it!! i would pull it out right away.

i still need to sneak onto the adjacent public property and cut down some stalks. i'll hit those with chemicals. my park ranger friend says to cut the stalk down right at the ground, and spray the remaining stump with roundup. he says they paint it on..right away. less than 10 seconds. the plant will suck the poison up. dunno.

i hate crazy plant people. since i started this war, i've notice so many bamboo gardens. most are running wild.

2. Aug 27, 2016 at 5:24 PM
    aficianado

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    back to bone stock.
    my wife is pissed. my yard looks like ASS now. i've been instructed by the local bamboo seller to wait a spring season or two before planting new stuff..i need to see if anything new pops up.

3. Aug 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bamboo does suck. One of the worst ideas to plant something ever, since 99% of people don't ever touch it afterwards.

4. Aug 28, 2016 at 5:39 AM
    taczilla

taczilla I intend to live forever; so far.... so good!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    2012 TRD Sport - STOLEN! / 2016 RAM Rebel
  5. Aug 28, 2016 at 9:23 AM
    aficianado

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    back to bone stock.

oh, i wish! i restored my iphone and messed it up. i lost everything. duh..including my pics.

Products Discussed in

To Top