1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Been pulled over and gotten out of a ticket or even an arrest? Lets hear your story!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NorthXNorthwest, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 6:39 AM
    Slotback

Slotback Triple Option

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    Looking at this from the other side......

One night I pulled over a speeding vehicle. The driver gets out, his eyes are are wild, and he is waving his arms like some kind of mad man. I am getting ready to draw down on him and I hear him yelling something about his wife. I don't draw down and I walk up to the car and see that this guys' wife is in labor. I just told him to follow me. The really miraculous part was that the traffic actually moved aside for us and we got every light green in town-which never happens. I radioed ahead and the ER staff were waiting with a gurney to haul Mom to be over to labor when we pulled in. The guy got out, I yelled congratulations at him and left. I didn't think anything of it.

Several hours later, while doing my paperwork at the office the phone rings. It was the new Dad. He called to let me know that Mom and baby were just fine, and that he needed a cigar to calm down. I had to laugh at that one. I don't know why the guy called looking for me, but I sure did appreciate it.

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:01 AM
    billyjoe

billyjoe Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    I got pulled one morning on my way to work - 45 in a 25 mph school zone (light was flashing apparently). The young officer approached my vehicle slowly and cautiously with one hand on his pistol. Advancing no further than my rear door, he asked me "Is your weapon in the car?" (I have a CCW permit). I replied "Yes sir, it's in the glove." While peering into the car, he inquired "What is it?". I replied "It's the new Glock Model 30 mini .45" (this model had just become available and it was still quite difficult to get one). "Really?" he said, his voice had changed from the previouly low commanding tone to a high pitch of excitement and wonder - the serious facial expression had changed similiarly. "Ya, would you like to see it?" I asked. His eyes widened and his hand came off his own pistol as he stepped up to the front door. With obvious eagerness he said "Ya! - I mean - well - just don't point it at me." I smiled, "Of course not, I'm just going to take it out of the glove now." I reached over with one hand, allowing him full view of my movements, retrieved the gun, removed the clip, cycled the slide, and then handed it to him - handle first. The look on his face reminded me of a boy opening a Xmas gift. "Wow!, this is nnnice! After a brief Q&A exchange, he abruptly snapped from friendly back into his "officer" mode. He handed the gun back to me, informed me I was doing 45 in a 25 (reckless) and that he would be ticketing me. I said "Ok, BTW, if you're interested in a new Model 30 for yourself, I can give you a contact #." He paused for a second, then affirmed, "Ok - uh - yes - I'd appreciate that." After handing him my business card with the phone number of my FFL written on it, and next to it a VERY reasonable price quote, he looked at it for a moment, then said "You've been very cooperative Mr. _____. I'm going to let you off with a warning today. Just don't let me catch you speeding here again!" I thanked him for his graciousness and was on my way... :D

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    hahah i was just givin you ahard time man! :D

4. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:12 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    WOW I'm really glad there are folks like you on the road....:rolleyes:

You've been driving for what...2.5 maybe 3 years and you've been pulled over almost twice the number of times I have in 10 years of driving.

5. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:15 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i'll be honest here...call me whatever...but...if i stop you for something...i dont care who you know or who youre related to

just because someone is related to someone else does not give them the right to break the law

and i will be the first to tell you that im of no exception to that either

this will get you further with most cops than anything

as for me...back in my "wilder" days...i've been pulled in the neighborhood of 30 times...i've managed only 4 speeding tickets (2 SCHP, 1 city, 1 Tenn. HP), been handcuffed and had my car searched once...and been given many a roadside lecture

1 of those tickets came AFTER i gained my current employment...and at least 2 of those stops did as well

dont get me wrong...im not saying everyone deserves a ticket or im going to write one to every car i stop...in fact i stopped 5 cars last night (traffic is not my focus while on patrol) and not a single car received a citation

6. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:17 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    How it should be. +1

7. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:19 AM
    Blumpkinson

Blumpkinson Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OR
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 5spd
    I was racing a buddy on a back road in town where the speed limit is 25, i was in my turbo eagle talon he was in a turbo 240sx. I got up to around 105 and he was pulling on me, then out of nowhere flashing lights appeared behind me, being as i had never been pulled over before i was shitting bricks. The cop got out of his car as was walking up to my door when he saw my buddy still flying down the street. He ran back to his car and flew past me trying to get my friend. The kicker is at the time we were both volunteer firefighters and my buddy was friends with the cop and got out of the ticket.

4x the speed limit would have been one hell of a ticket

Yes. im an idiot

8. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    NOt to mention that posters obvious sense of entitlement to a break based on other peoples hard work. If a cop cuts me a break cause I'm military- it's their choice- but I don't advertise the fact or try to wave my ID in there face.

If they ask...They ask...If not...I take what they give me.

9. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    It sounds lame, but with my military ID I always pull the "Oh, I don't know which one to give you sir." And I hand the cop my DL and my Mil ID. Never gotten out of a ticket cause Im in the service, but they seem to always lower what speed they caught me at.

10. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:23 AM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
    I got pulled over last 4th of July by the TX Highway Patrol for going 10mph over. These guys always mean business and never give you any slack. Respect.

I rolled down my window, produced my dl and insurance, grinned and said, "I'm sorry - Freebird was on the radio."

He did not grin back but nodded his head up and down, asked me where I had been and where I was going and let me off with a warning.

I don't know if he was being cool because it was a holiday or because I was being polite and honest or if he was a rawkin' Skynard fan, but I sure did appreciate it! :D

11. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:26 AM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    but it made for a great story!

i was driving on this two laned road where the speed limit was 45mph and i was doing about 65 and theres this spot at the top of the hill where this cop always sits and gets people so sure enough he was there i drove by him and i saw him put his little gun away and turn on his lights.... BUT there was like 3 cars directly behind me going the speed limit and in the lane next to me there was a semi truck going the speed limit so he couldnt get around the cars to catch up to me so i kept going and at the next light i turned right and he went straight over the intersection....

he may have been going for me or he may not have but still its a good story... so i evaded the cops and im wanted :spy: :p

12. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    I got pulled over for looking like I was on heroin... The cop said it was for not using a turn signal while taking an exit ramp, but 4 different times he asked if I was on heroin. At the time I had long hair and was driving my sisters POS saturn.
    After the 4th time he asked I told him my boss wouldn't like it if I did. When he asked who my boss was, I told him we had the same boss, State Treasurer Cahill. I had my license back and was on my way in about 20 seconds.

13. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    Blue Ten

Blue Ten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Candler, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off Road
    Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover, WeatherTech Bug Shield, and Toyota Running Boards.
    I've been pulled 4 times and I've been fortunate to only come away with 2 tickets.

2nd time I was pulled - 65 in a 35. I was 20 and got pulled by a city cop. He was nice at first, but ran my plates wrong. When they came back as "not matching", his whole demeanor changed and he started accusing me of running incorrect plates / stolen plates. I calmly explained that the tag was correct and he stated he would re-run them. After they came back clean, he apologized and told me to watch my speed.

3rd time - 50 in a 35. NCHP asked me why I was speeding. I informed him I had left my watch at home and my Dad would kill me if I were late for curfew. He told me to watch my speed and let me go.

The other two times - got ticketed for 73 in a 45 and 70 in a 55.

14. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    Blue Ten

Blue Ten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Candler, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off Road
    Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover, WeatherTech Bug Shield, and Toyota Running Boards.
    Not to get off-subject, but the best prank I've ever pulled was Thanksgiving weekend 2003. My wife is a grandma behind the wheel - never been ticketed, never had an accident. We're going to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving and the DOT is working on the road. I have a friend who's a LEO and he's working that night. You guessed it - I had him pull her over. We were doing like 10 mph in traffic. We pass him and I acted like I flip him off. He pulls out, rides behind us for a couple minutes and then hits the blues, we pull over, he gets out and walks to her window and says "License and Registration", she hands it out the window with her hands shaking like a Tickle-Me Elmo, and he says "We've had complaints about your driving all the way through 3 counties"... She knew it was a joke then, but for those 5 minutes before he said that, she was torn up.

15. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    billyjoe

billyjoe Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    It was nightfall and I was on my way home. Waiting impatiently at a red light, I dropped it in first and revved the engine. When the light finally changed, I popped the clutch and punched that sucker! The tach nearing redline in every gear - 2nd, 3rd, here comes 4th, WHAT THE HELL! Flashing lights appeared in my rear view seemingly out of no where. DAMN! I pulled over immediately, rolled the window down and got out my DL & Reg. With his spotlight beam blinding me (from my side mirror) I was somewhat startled when I heard a voice very close to me say "Where's the fire son?" Shielding my eyes to see him better, I replied "What do you mean officer?" Obviously irritated with my implied denial, he said "I clocked you at 60 in a 40 mph zone! 20mph over the limit - that's reckless!" With my best puzzled & shocked look, I exclaimed "WHAT? How can that be? The distance from the light to where you pulled me isn't even a quarter mile - 60 mph? - this is a 4 cylinder KIA! It takes forever to get his thing up to 60. Are you sure you clocked ME?" With that, the officer looked away for a second, pondering the plausibility of my statement. I could see the doubt forming in his facial expression. Then he leaned down and said almost sheepishly "I'm gonna let you off with a verbal warning tonight. Have a good night and drive safely." And, as abruptly as he appeared, he was gone.

Woohoo! The awesome power of suggestion! It occurred to me at the time that this was similiar to the "Jedi mind trick". At any rate, I had escaped the courtroom once again...

16. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    Speedwayblue

Speedwayblue Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wendy
    MA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    OME 3" from Toytec
    I got pulled over right after i got my current tacoma. I saw the cop checking out my truck all the way to my window.......he even ran his hand along the bed :D .........then he told me i was speeding and we chatted about that. On his way back to my truck he was still checking out the truck and even fondled it again. He gave me a warning and told me i had a nice truck :rolleyes:

17. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    I've been pulled over 3 times.
    1st was a seatbelt violation, eventhoght I had it on, but I didn't want to argue with the police officer. Took my $25 ticket and went on my way.
    2nd was by my lacrosse coach as a joke...I didn't know it was him at first
    3rd was for 72 in a 45 at 3am...no body was on the road and I just wanted to get home. Ticket at first was almost $600 and 4 points. I got away with 2 points and $80...
    I want to say just because you get pulled over alot dosn't make you a bad driver. I'm sure Ken Block gets pulled once a week and he's probably the best driver( besides Stig)

18. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    Cops usualy always toutch the brake light. Every time I've been pulled over they toutch it, maybe he wasn't fondeling your truck.:p (not sure why they do this)

19. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    im not at liberty to say but its pretty easy to figure it out

20. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Same thing my coach said. I don't know why! I wonder about it alot actualy

Products Discussed in

To Top