1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Beep Mod idea (havent tryed!)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by shane100700, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Jun 1, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 [OP] Look'n like a fool with your pants on the ground..

Member:
    Fort Dix, NJ (MT born and raised)
    Vehicle:
    08 Off Road, DC
    Kenwood 6140 w/nav/BlueTooth/backup cam/ Focal Components/ Alpine PDX-5/ JL 10", rear storage lock mod, tint, Snug Top xtra vision, OEM running boards, XD Spy 18x9, Nitto Terra Gripper AT's, AFE pro dry, Ultra Gauge
    New to Tacomaworld, long time follower (here and TN) just never registered as I have never had a lot of input to add before. Well I have been thinking today and althoughit might be complicated (maybe not worth the time other then to say you did it) and I won’t personally have the time to try it any timesoon, has anyone thought about this idea for the beep mod.

Have two relays;
    1- runs power but goes through the door lock.
    2- runs to the ground but goes through the blinker or hazard lights.

I admit to being one of the disappointed guys after going under my dash witha test light only to find out the door lock receiver has constant power
    (yes Iknow it should've been a no duh considering it has to unlock the doors w/out the key!) :facepalm:

Thoughts?!

2. Jun 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    or like my write up in my signature? and I use the door lock power without relays for my mod. The door locks don't have constant power.

Also, in my write up, I take the door panels off to find the wires, but you can find the wires underneath the dash. Just look at what wires I use in my write up

3. Jun 1, 2011 at 4:49 PM
    MPW

MPW Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Virginia
    Try using the mod listed in the 2nd Gen mods forum but use a relay with normally closed contacts and run the wire to the buzzer through the closed contacts. Wire "key on" power to the relay coil so that when the key is on the contacts open and no power goes to the buzzer. I haven't done this mod but I've given it some thought and it should work fine.

4. Jun 1, 2011 at 4:52 PM
    shane100700

shane100700 [OP] Look'n like a fool with your pants on the ground..

Member:
    Fort Dix, NJ (MT born and raised)
    Vehicle:
    08 Off Road, DC
    Kenwood 6140 w/nav/BlueTooth/backup cam/ Focal Components/ Alpine PDX-5/ JL 10", rear storage lock mod, tint, Snug Top xtra vision, OEM running boards, XD Spy 18x9, Nitto Terra Gripper AT's, AFE pro dry, Ultra Gauge
    Damn it! Guess original thought is a rare thing!

Nope, if I read correctly yours will beep every time its locked or unlocked. (could easilly be wrong though!)

:EDIT: I do give you credit for the idea lifesaflaw123, although someone on TN did beat me to (not my idea anymore) by, oh YEARS!

- Apparently I assumed it was the same mod as I had read before

The link from whippernapper02 was what I was talking about

To Top