1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

behind the 6 dummy blocks...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tammikm, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Jan 26, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    tammikm

tammikm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 SR5 AUTO
    n/a
    can someone tell me what the wire harnesses are for behind the 6 dummy blocks on my dash to the left of the steering wheel.

behind the top 3, 2 have wire harnesses.. the first one ( far left closest to the door) has nothing behind it, the second and third both have wire harnesses behind them, and on the bottom 3 only the one closest to the steering wheel has a harness , kinda just laying there behind it, not attached like the other ones..

anyone know what these are for? I was wondering if my truck is pre-wired for fog lights.
    2006 DC 4x4 SR5
    thanks

2. Jan 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    i don't know if it's the same one, but i have an 07 dbl cab with the figlights, and i still have the harnes just sitting there too. my only gues is that it's a plug into the computer for the mechanics to use....but i really have no idea.

3. Jan 26, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    I think you're talking about where the switches for a bunch of options connect. Things like bed outlet, rear locker, vsc off, side curtain airbags off, fog lights, etc. Just because the wiring harness is there doesn't mean all of the wiring, components would be. Many manufacturers build only a few versions of main pieces of the wiring harnes.

4. Jan 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM
    tammikm

tammikm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 SR5 AUTO
    n/a
    yes I am talking about those switches, I dont have any they are just dummy blocks but some have wire harnesses attached to the back of the block...

5. Jan 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    Yep. it's just part of the efficiency with which Toyota build their vehicles. Only a certain number of difference configurations for wiring harnesses. Most will have the options plugs but the cpu may not accommodate the option or other pieces aren't there, the fuse panel isn't set up for it, etc. You can always check to see if the receptical for the lights is there and test using a test light, some jumper wires, and a wiring diagram. Could be just a few parts and you've got fog lights...

To Top