1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Belt Tensioner Pulley Bolt - Left Hand Thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Wally, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Oct 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    Wally

Wally [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario (the metric version)
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD 4x4 6MT 1GR-FE
    I snapped the bolt holding the pulley onto the belt tensioner. It's been a while since I've worked on these and completely forgot about them being LH thread. The dealer doesn't sell the bolt, only the entire assembly and it's expensive as heck as well as being a PITA to remove and replace.

Does anyone have a bolt available from an old tensioner that they have replaced?

2. Oct 27, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T|X Baja
    Supercharged
    I would hit up a junkyard and find the bolt. Probably the easiest thing to do.

3. Oct 27, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    Wally

Wally [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario (the metric version)
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD 4x4 6MT 1GR-FE
    Unfortunately no one has these things around here. I tried any "normal" channel you can think of. I live in a small city close to "Big 3" territory so finding a wrecked Taco is impossible. Local auto-recyclers don't have them and since it's only a bolt, they don't even want to bother trying to locate one for me. I can't find a fastener store in town that can or will order them and when I look on the net, I can't get the right kind.

It's turning into a huge PITA so I thought I would throw this out there, just to see if someone changed one recently and has the old one kicking around. I'd rather offer someone $10 to stick it in the mail than spend $70 for an aftermarket tensioner assembly or double that for the OEM one.

To Top