1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bend, Oregon

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by crabslayer, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Jan 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM
    willie64

willie64 Willie64

Member:
    First Name:
    willie64
    BEND OR
    Vehicle:
    (slowly becoming less than) Stock '03 3.4L 4x4 TRD SR5
    144 watt led lights on front 36 watts x2 led on the back, cb, Kenwood ham, icon 3" lift, 285/75/16 Fierce Attitude tires, JoeZilla sliders, 4x innovation rear bumper, ARB front bumper. Snorkel. On the workbench: more stuff I can't afford.
    Sooooo, sitting at the stealership in Gresham. Almost to Sandy and had a horrendous squeal develop. Crystal ball says they will find something drastic.
    They already tried to sell me a new truck. Didn't like the trade in value I put on my truck. Offered me $2k. I told them to add another zero at the end (before the decimal point). Guy just walked away. I laughed.
    Damn vultures.

Holloman likes this.
  2. Jan 12, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    willie64

willie64 Willie64

Member:
    First Name:
    willie64
    BEND OR
    Vehicle:
    (slowly becoming less than) Stock '03 3.4L 4x4 TRD SR5
    144 watt led lights on front 36 watts x2 led on the back, cb, Kenwood ham, icon 3" lift, 285/75/16 Fierce Attitude tires, JoeZilla sliders, 4x innovation rear bumper, ARB front bumper. Snorkel. On the workbench: more stuff I can't afford.
    Just walked in my house from my little trip. The tech said I have about 1mm left on my passenger shoes, about 3mm on drivers. That sux, especially since I just changed them about 9 months ago. If I remember what I got I'll never buy them again.
    I know what I'm doing tonight.......

3. Jan 12, 2018 at 7:50 PM
    Jimmynolife

Jimmynolife Actually has a life

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    3 linked 2002 Tacoma
    Any of you guys going to king of the hammers?

TXpro4X4 likes this.
  4. Jan 13, 2018 at 8:56 AM
    MusGolan

MusGolan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey. Sorry for the delayed post. I haven’t been on this thread until right now. I’m sorry for your experience and your more than welcome to contact us if you ever have any concerns about anything. I have no idea why he would be tailgating you but maybe he was late or something? Is that a good excuse? No. But I know I’m not perfect either and I’m sure there have been times that I made less than stellar decisions. Matt is a fantastic guy and if he was driving poorly I’m sure he would be the first to admit it and he would probabaly even buy you a beer to say sorry. And you guys are right, when your truck sticks out (like a lot of ours do) it puts more responsibility on us to drive responsible. If you would like to continue this conversation or have further concerns please direct message me and I’ll give you my phone number. I made Matt aware of this thread and he may respond also.

5. Jan 13, 2018 at 12:46 PM
    thejurgy

thejurgy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    Oregon
    No worries man, I appreciate the response. We've all been guilty of it at some point or another, there's no doubt. Only reasons I felt compelled to say something was because I recognized his truck and knew that you guys had a presence in this thread, and with Bend going through some growing pains, I thought bringing up the subject might be a good thing.

Matt, if you end up seeing this, I doubt that was a true representation of your character and driving standards. Sorry I called you out, didn't mean for it to sound harsh and I'm definitely not fired up about it anymore. The curse of paying close attention to other Tacomas I suppose. I'm also about to install a steel front bumper on the truck so the whole responsibility thing has been on my mind a lot lately.

MusGolan[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 13, 2018 at 11:01 PM
    GnarlyBoots

GnarlyBoots Member

Member:
    Boise, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR Inferno
    Icon Stage 4 CBI Sliders Dirtytracs 285/70-17 Method NV Warrior Products Platform Roof Rack CBI Bed Rack Adventure Trailer
    Hey all, quick question. I am relatively new to TW (joined a while ago, just lurking.) but am I allowed to post an item or two for sale here? I will be in Bend next weekend, coming from Boise and I haven't quite hit the 50 post limit to post in the classifieds, lol. Either way, looking forward to coming to your city! I come 2-3 times per year and love it more and more each time!

thejurgy likes this.
  7. Jan 14, 2018 at 1:05 AM
    QuicksandTaco

QuicksandTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno TRD Pro 6spd
    URD short shifter, 285/75/16,
    Depends on what you have for sale :anonymous:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    beersntacos likes this.
  8. Jan 14, 2018 at 8:51 PM
    GnarlyBoots

GnarlyBoots Member

Member:
    Boise, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR Inferno
    Icon Stage 4 CBI Sliders Dirtytracs 285/70-17 Method NV Warrior Products Platform Roof Rack CBI Bed Rack Adventure Trailer
    A warrior products roof rack and CBI aluminum Overland/Bed rack.

9. Jan 14, 2018 at 8:55 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    going to try

10. Jan 15, 2018 at 8:08 PM
    Jimmynolife

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    3 linked 2002 Tacoma
    Are you in bend?

TXpro4X4[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jan 15, 2018 at 8:14 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    No. There is one down here in Hellifornia of there is another up Yonder

12. Jan 18, 2018 at 2:38 PM
    Jimmynolife

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    3 linked 2002 Tacoma
    Was that English?

Holloman and TXpro4X4[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Jan 18, 2018 at 2:47 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    :rofl:Meaning I live in California I didn't know there was one up there.
    Thought King of the Hammers was just down here over in Johnson Valley

14. Jan 20, 2018 at 4:10 PM
    Jimmynolife

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    3 linked 2002 Tacoma
    Lol there isn’t another king of the hammers, I’m driving down there

TXpro4X4[QUOTED] and Holloman like this.
  15. Jan 21, 2018 at 8:54 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Word. It's a great time!
    Johnson Valley is a killer desert spot too!
    You can shoot there as well.

16. Jan 21, 2018 at 10:47 AM
    Jimmynolife

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    3 linked 2002 Tacoma
    I’ve been there the last 4 years lol

TXpro4X4[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Jan 21, 2018 at 12:03 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    :headbang:

18. Jan 23, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    GSPRunner

GSPRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    17 Mag Grey DCSB OR
    I think we'll be down from Seattle between the 23rd and 26th of February. Any great snowshoeing spots anyone would like to share? Also wouldn't mind a snow run @MusGolan if anything is going on between that time.

19. Jan 23, 2018 at 6:12 PM
    thejurgy

thejurgy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    Oregon
    Only if you drive Bend pace ;)

But seriously, hike up Tumalo Mountain. It’s a good one with good views. Right across the road from Bachelor.

20. Jan 23, 2018 at 6:15 PM
    GSPRunner

GSPRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    17 Mag Grey DCSB OR
    Yeah that's the spot we were likely going to go to, was just wondering if anyone had any other secret spots since it sounds like it gets crowded out there. I drive like a Grandma so I'll probably piss you off too!

To Top