1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best 10" Inch subs?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MedlinAround, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Dec 1, 2010 at 6:02 AM
    pacmanfourtwenty

pacmanfourtwenty Member

Member:
  2. Dec 1, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    sb_mech22

sb_mech22 yo quero taco's?

Member:
    Sandy Eggo
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement 4X4 TRD OR DCSB
    ill sell you a JL W6V2 in a box for 300... im going to a slim 13 of jls'

3. Dec 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    I got 2 IDQ 10s so I could have flat bass down to 20Hz. One of the top 10 sound quality subs made. Average sensitivity. Poor performance over 100Hz. Who wants a sub to perform over 100Hz anyway. It fits in the back of a double cab too. I got 2.

4. Mar 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    Corndawg

Corndawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2007 double cab TRD off road Radiant Red
    2.5 inch pro comp lift Cobra XRS 9745 Detector 15 band scanner Pioneer DEH-P6900UB Python 991 remote start/ security. Tinted license plate covers Fog Light Mod PIAA Extreme White 4000K Replacement bulbs Red LED Dome and Map lights LED replacement tail light bulbs Black Weather Tech Floor Liners front and rear
    i was gonna go with Rockford Fosgate T1 12s. but my brother said he would give me his memphis his two 12's and a 1000 watt alpine amp to power them i know nothing about memphis. im sure they are good right? you worked in the audio shop...? what doyou think

5. Mar 17, 2013 at 4:13 AM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    x2 on the JL

I have a 10" JL Audio W0v3-4 and a sealed box from Supercrew Sound in the back of my double cab. I'm powering it with a JL Audio XD300/1 which puts out 200 watts RMS at 4 ohms. This RMS might seem pretty low compared to what others have recommended, but I'm truly surprised how much thump I get out of it. I couldn't be happier with this setup. The sub calls for 0.65 cubic feet of air in a sealed box, and that's exactly what this box has. People always ask how many subs I have and they're all surprised when I tell them its just one 10". I also bought a volume control knob for the sub so I can adjust the thump. I always get a good thump, but not so loud I can't hear the music. I listen to all types of music (metal, rap, dubstep, etc.) and it sounds good on everything, to me.

Make sure you don't base your purchase entirely up to what we're all recommending though. I mean, we're all ridiculously smart people for being on TW, but your ears are different than mine. Before I bought my sub I listened to Alpines, Rockfords, and a few other and didn't like them as much. Although you may think the complete opposite. Whatever you choose make sure to let us know!

6. Mar 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    NOCENTS

NOCENTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Arm pit of Cali
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC needin some lovin
    loooooong list of mods coming as soon as I finish the audio/video system
    I have 2 Memphis PR10 stuffed in a 3/4 mdf box and am a lil shy on the airspace, I'm about .68 per sub and am now thinking of a fiberglassing a new enclosure to get more are space. They sound good now but of course always want more. But thinking if I do fiberglass that I can put 2 10w3v2

Products Discussed in

To Top