1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best 17” rims on 2nd gens w/ lift

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by carson_brown9, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Jul 5, 2020 at 7:51 AM
    carson_brown9

carson_brown9 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Vehicle:
    2011 silver Tacoma TRD
    Looking to put a 3” lift on my ‘11 Tacoma here soon and I’m just wondering the best (while remaining reasonably priced) 17” rims. My truck is silver so I’m leaning towards getting black rims. Anyone got experience with Pro Comps? Also some good tires to go with it in 285/70R17. Looking at BFG KO2s or some GT AT2s. First post so sorry for any problems haha.

2. Jul 5, 2020 at 10:04 AM
    TacoFergie

TacoFergie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Iowa
    Personally I am not a fan of black wheels because they all look the same from 15ft away and if I'm spending money on wheels, I want them to "pop"...But thats only my opinion. It really comes down to cost and style. As for tires....there are MUCH better tires than the KO2, especially if you see snow. Not to mention you can save a few hundered on tires to get nicer wheels. Look into the Kenda Klever RTs, that will likely be my next tire. I have Duratracs currently and LOVE them, though I hate every other goodyear tire with a deep passion! haha

I have FN Wheels Six Shooters (17x9, now only available as a 17x8) and LOVE them. But I also lean towards JDM type stuff.

IMG_9743.jpg

DC79BB47-0D98-4C1D-854C-75C93F58ECD1.jpg

Caboose69 likes this.
  3. Jul 5, 2020 at 10:29 AM
    carson_brown9

carson_brown9 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Vehicle:
    2011 silver Tacoma TRD
    Thanks for the input. I definitely get what you mean about the black rims looking the same. As far as tires and snow, I’m in Alabama so I see very little snow but I’ll definitely take a look into your suggestions. Thank you!

Products Discussed in

To Top