1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best 3 inch suspension lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tcboss, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Sep 8, 2007 at 9:54 AM
    Bluestreak

Bluestreak Active Member

Member:
    im sure the bigger tire size has changed the speedo a bit, but not enough to really notice since the original tires were 265/65r/17, seems to pace other cars at 55 ok, the ride didnt change a bit, still rides like a toyota and handles well, no dips or dives.

2. Sep 10, 2007 at 5:38 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

XxMalfunktionxX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SPORT SR5 Double Cab
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    I would imagine that it will "slightly" affect the acceleration..but im sure if you do some very small upgrades under the hood..like a drop in K+N and exhaust..you probably wont notice it..

I am at a crossroads here too guys..I talked to the guys at King Shocks and I really wanna get theyre front coilovers..i know theyre gonna own off roading..but theyre also over 1300 bucks..not including tires..

If I get the spacers..it wont be as good obviously as the Kings..but I can get them and tires installed for alot less ...and I will still get some more height..in the front at least..

Ugghh..choices choices..choices..

3. Sep 10, 2007 at 8:36 PM
    Bluestreak

Bluestreak Active Member

Member:
    the reason i did it this way is because i have a 2000 GMC 3/4 ton with a 6" superlift suspension system,35x12.5x16.5 BF goodrich mud t/a, 6.0 ltr engine and with duals and all the good stuff for all my 4 wheeling and towing needs. the tacoma is my work/play truck but it needed something, imho i feel that a 33" tire is enough for a small truck to take on, weight, power wise. my revtek 3"lift has given me enough to run a 33"tall tire and still 4 wheel without rubbing and hasnt robbed me of any power.

4. Sep 11, 2007 at 5:26 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

XxMalfunktionxX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SPORT SR5 Double Cab
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    3" all the way for me..with 33"s ..nice.

5. Oct 5, 2007 at 4:17 PM
    IRISHDEVIL

IRISHDEVIL Well-Known Member

Member:
    The revtek kit i have heard causes the stock front shock to bottom out and make noise will offroading. Blue have you had that type of problem yet

6. Oct 5, 2007 at 8:36 PM
    Bluestreak

Bluestreak Active Member

Member:
    no, i havent noticed anything yet, now i will keep my ears open, i ran it pretty hard the other day and didnt notice a thing. so far so good!

7. Nov 14, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    Ruben-Aua

Ruben-Aua Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ruben Sprok
    Aruba
    Vehicle:
    white ext. with red/black int.
    18 inch mac-rims, cold-air-intake, performance muffler, bucket-seats
    hello, i need some help. i'm looking for some coilsprings for the frond suspencion of my tacoma reg cab 1997 2wd 1st gen if somebody has two or can tell me where to find them would be great thanks

8. Nov 15, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    Jim&Tammy

Jim&Tammy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    13 Taco DBL Cab TRD
    I lived about 45 minutes from Toytec and have purhased three different lifts from them, all them being shocks and coils. They have all worked great and Doug has been great to deal with along wih the rest of their staff.

They have their own coilover setups along with other manufacturer's an they have everything from spacers to complete setups.

Besides having a wide range of products, their customer service kicks ass.

Products Discussed in

To Top