1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best All Terrain Tires for a cheap man?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tmcmanus7, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Mar 19, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    MadeInMaine

MadeInMaine MadeInMaine

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Check out my tires.... They are Hercules.... Around $640 for 4x brand new

2. Mar 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    Anthony250

Anthony250 Ex Fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Rialto CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    LSK Race Kit, King Shocks, Methods, Glassworks, Baja Designs, Built by myself.
    But they are from Thailand, :confused: my friend got some not that long ago like a month or so.

3. Mar 19, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Warden model is the BFG all terrain correct?

4. Mar 19, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    adrenaline66

adrenaline66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dante
    Northern Virginia/D.C. Area
    Vehicle:
    11 DBL CAB TRD Off Road
    AIRAID sealed CAI w/Dry Filter, Flowmaster Cat Back SS Exhaust, Demello Pre-Runner Winch Bumper, BAK-FLIP Solid Tonneau Cover w/Ladder Racks and Bike Carrier.
    x3 on the General AT2s. I did a lot of research on these, and dollar for dollar, a great purchase. Just put them on, they were $73.00 cheaper per tire than the BFG A/Ts. I bought 5 at Discount Tire, with the $50.00 Rebate, my cost was $650.00. Check the reviews at Tirerack.com and http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showproduct.php?product=805&cat=4, they're highly rated (even higher than BFG A/Ts), have a 60,000 Mile Warranty, and are Severe Snow Rated (P-Series). They are night and day over the stock Rugged Trails, they stick to pavement big time, I noticed the difference immediately. They are super quiet too. I used to be a big proponent of BFG A/Ts, still have them on my FJ. The Grabber AT2s are just as good in my opinion. The only real difference is:

GRABBER AT2s - Studdable, 2 ply sidewall, 60,000 Mile Warranty

BFG A/Ts - higher load rating, 3 ply sidewall, No Mileage Warranty

Bear in mind, just because tires are inexpensive, doesn't mean they are cheap. Several guys at Discount Tire commented on how much they liked the Grabber AT2s, that they or friends have them, and most people don't know the true value of them because they are so much less than other tires. They also pointed out the brand loyalty to BFG (which I was guilty of myself).

Good luck with your decision.

Products Discussed in

To Top