1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best AUX cable to use?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by a89aries, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Nov 26, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    a89aries

a89aries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    London Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD offroad
    I’ve been having a hell of a time trying to find a cable that works with my stock aux plug in! I’ve tied 2, and even after the dealer replaced the plug (and scratching my dahs!) I still have a crappy connection (cuts out on bumps, you have to wiggle the cable). Has anyone bought a cable from the net that works well with our trucks?

2. Nov 26, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i bought a cheap one from radio shack, 6ft and no problem at all.my ipod volume is super low but my portable dvd player is loud.no clue why

3. Nov 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    I have a MONSTER aux cable havent had any issues.

4. Nov 26, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    NorthwestRC

NorthwestRC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachelle
    Prince Rupert, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    11' TRD Sport MGM
    Dealer installed 3"lift/levelling kit,side-step bars,window visors,D-rings in box,
    hmmmm...to be able to play my ipod or mp3 player i bought a 14$ retractable cord...works great....though not sure if you mean to connect/play something other than those through the AUX...

5. Nov 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    The cord is not the problem. Get one as cheap as you can find it. The headphone out on any media device is a powered port, for lack of a better word. Every device decides how loud its volume is coming from a headphone jack.

A "line out" port is unpowered, again for lack of a better words, and the line-out of media devices should produce a sound level at approximately the same dB level, although I have no idea how exactly that is done. (The volume control on a device does not affect the sound level coming out of a line-out port, only the sound coming from the headphone jack)

I'm sure someone else can chime in with more details, or a Google search will probably work too.

6. Nov 26, 2010 at 4:50 PM
    DBZ

DBZ Hunter-Gatherer

Member:
    South Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Fog lights anytime, DIY shorty antenna, carpet lined storage bins, debadged, tailgate hoseclamp, DIY washable cabin filter, AFe Pro-Dry air filter, Protecta bed mat
    I got mine here
    http://www.cablesforless.com/c-126-sub-mini-35mm-stereo-phono-cables.aspx

I bought the mid-level "Performance" cable in the three foot length. Total was bout $9 shipped.

Good quality cable and they have great customer service.

This place also has really inexpensive cables. This link will take you directly to the 3.5mm AUX cables, but I've bought HDMI, S-Video, and Component cables from them and have always had good service and quality cables. They also have plenty of customer reviews for most of their products.
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218

7. Nov 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    :threadjacked:Yep, HDMI cables are a rip-off too. Get the cheapest you can find. They're digital signals; they go through or they don't. There isn't a better quality "0" or "1".
    Monster cables might have made a difference in the analog world .. goodbye analog world! :)
    My entire HD DirecTV and PS3 setup is based on $6 HDMI cables :)

8. Nov 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM
    Aod

Aod Ex STi enthusiast www.iwsti.com

Member:
    First Name:
    B.
    NorCal/Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
  9. Nov 26, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr) Hose clamp securing tailgate
    x3 for MonoPrice. I have a lot of experience with them and overall, I love their products! But... Be aware that I have 4 of the cheap 3.5mm M/M cables, two of which are 100% DEAD and two of which still work. None are older than 2 years.

I just ordered their PREMIUM 3.5mm M/M cables and they are ridiculously large, and offer far greater shielding, even going so far as to use two separate wires to transmit the channels :eek:

I love their cheap 3.5mm cables, but having 2 out of 4 fail in a relatively short time under great care is not good. They are minimally shielded.

Their CS and 'Tech Support' are quite good, too.

10. Nov 27, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    Aod

Aod Ex STi enthusiast www.iwsti.com

Member:
    First Name:
    B.
    NorCal/Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
  11. Nov 27, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    RCL

RCL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Dbl. Cab
    Winch
    Monster with no problems

12. Nov 27, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    I agree with SCFirefighter, these high end cables are a rip off with digital sound. The monster aux cable is way overpriced. Amazon has is for 12.70 when you can get an aux cable for 3-6 bucks with no difference in sound quality that a human can notice at all. Buy a cheap one. If you want better control of your IPOD and increase in volume get a USA SPEC PAY-15 or -20 TOY. Great Volume and you can run the wire into your glove box or center console and control your IPOD directly from your stereo including playlists. I bought a new one off of EBAY. You can run both Sirius or XM (Starmate etc.) and your IPOD through this unit.

To Top