1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best CB Mount for 2003 4x4 Auto DoubleCab?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by RioNovo, May 23, 2008.

1. May 30, 2008 at 6:18 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Actually, when I supercharged my 2000, My mpg only went down by 1 mpg. Went from 22.5 to 21.5 average. That would be great to meet up! My e-mail:
    chrisb4x4@aol.com
    Im busy this weekend. Gotta take the boat to the shop tomarrow, then I have to begine work on a skid plate/ anti gas theft thing for my truck. I have to do some other things to. I live near University and the 101. For your mudflaps, how 'bout some cardboard until you kin find some real ones? :D I'll check around and see if there are any out there. :)

2. May 31, 2008 at 10:59 AM
    RioNovo

RioNovo [OP] Arizona Native

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 TRD SR5
    Bed liner, Bed Extender, Vision Shell, Alpine Speakers and Alpine Amp, Sway-A-Way coil overs up front, Deaver 6 pack in the rear, 285/75 R16 L/Ts on blacked out alloy wheels, All Pro Sliders, 1000w Power Inverter, SSB/AM CB, Gray Wire Mod, Constant 12v Power Outlet Mod, Deckplate Mod, Open Door Warning Disabled, More to Come!
    Amazing!! You must drive like you have an egg between your right foot and the gas pedal. And you can take that as a compliment, 'cause that's what it is!

I'll pass on cardboard and trust that I locate real ones one day soon. What I find rather amazing is how many lifted trucks are running around WITHOUT mud flaps, especially when Arizona requires them on any vehicle lifted over stock height. Cops don't seem to pay any attention, and apparently don't care unless they get their panties in a twist over the way someone is driving, and then I'm sure they'd add "no mud flaps" to whatever the charges are just because they can!

I looked at the TTORA classifieds and didn't find a thing, and on Craigslist as well. Got some trucks only and Toyota only wrecking yard numbers to call on Monday, so we'll see how it goes..

3. May 31, 2008 at 5:19 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.

4. Jun 1, 2008 at 6:40 AM
    RioNovo

RioNovo [OP] Arizona Native

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 TRD SR5
    Bed liner, Bed Extender, Vision Shell, Alpine Speakers and Alpine Amp, Sway-A-Way coil overs up front, Deaver 6 pack in the rear, 285/75 R16 L/Ts on blacked out alloy wheels, All Pro Sliders, 1000w Power Inverter, SSB/AM CB, Gray Wire Mod, Constant 12v Power Outlet Mod, Deckplate Mod, Open Door Warning Disabled, More to Come!
    Love them Toyota fours! Three of my earlier trucks were four bangers, the first two being the smaller earlier pickups, and the next being a 2.7L - an engine I really liked for gas mileage as well as for power.

Since then my last two Tacomas, both Gen 1's, have run the 3.4L V6 with an automatic behind them. My '98 V6 ext cab, which I sold about a month ago with only 94k on it, consistently delivered better than a 20mpg average, and so far the '03 double cab I replaced it with does about the same.

I intend to get away from the Valley and head north for a couple of weeks in the near future, so I'll have a better chance to see what I get mileage wise on the road at highway speeds. If it's as good as my '98 was on the highway that will make me happy, and I can't see any reason it shouldn't be!

Products Discussed in

To Top