1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best cold air intakes for 2017 Toyota Tacoma 3.5 ??

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by lennarguywithtruck, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Dec 3, 2019 at 12:09 PM
    monkeyevil

monkeyevil Victory 4x4 Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Daryl
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    I've been running the AFE CAI with their add on air scoop for a year or so now. Pro-GUARD 7 filter. I think it sounds great, I no longer deal with snow getting packed in the factory airbox, and the washable filter is nice. Horsepower and added fuel economy, probably no :confused:

This was after one trip in the desert following other rigs. Spotless inside the air tube. I assume that there are more free-flowing filter options from AFE and other manufacturers, but I'm more interested in clean air.

59848495_339062596755673_5165025160115255037_n.jpg

eurowner likes this.
  2. Dec 3, 2019 at 1:31 PM
    rlx02

rlx02 IG: nwxrl

Member:
    Western WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    stuff
    2 dyno pulls isn't enough to gather information that the intake actually did anything. You can have 3 different dyno pulls on the exact same car and they can register different readings. If you had the mean of your baseline and compared it to the mean after the intake then you might try see if there is a statistic when comparing the two.

If people want to spend their money for some vroom and maybe some performance I say go for it. But for me, I'll pass. I've been putting on intakes on almost every car I've owned the last 20 years except for this one. Just not worth it. Especially ones that are oil-based like k&ns.

shakerhood and GreyBaldTaco like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top