1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best cop shows

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by k9cop, Aug 23, 2011.

1. k9cop

k9cop [OP] if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Best cop show??
    I remember watching Hillstreet Blues with my Dad (Retired 25 year vet. West Orange PD) when I was a kid. I don't think anything else has ever come close since then.

2. toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    The Wire on HBO that's the best newer show out in my opinion.

3. k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    i'll have to check that out.

4. DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    X2. About as real as it can get I guess. :rolleyes:

5. tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    Cops and those other TruTV shows are a joke

The camera guys pay people to act like jackasses

The First 48 is pretty cool...but not really the "action" like in cops

6. AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Warren AFB, WY Originally: Spartanburg, SC
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Cops in the 80's, I watched that growing up.

7. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    There were like 5 seasons and its off the air now but you can find the series everywhere. You won't be disappointed.

8. horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    I never liked it but a lot of people I used to know raved about NYPD Blue.
    I think they were just dum-dums who thought it was cool that a show had bad language and occasional nudity in it before it was commonplace.

How about older ones like Hawaii Five-O?
    Reno 911?

9. k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    dude, reno 911 is freaking hilarious...never really got in to NYPD Blue. Cops is funny. It's real... but people act differently when being filmed (or paid).

10. tigerfan00

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    rookie blue isnt too bad either

11. toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Missy Paragrym is hotttt........ I am not sure of the spelling. But they are a really busy precinct.....

12. TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit
    The Wire is one of the best shows ever, period.

Reno 911 is comedy gold.

First 48 is good.

Cops was good when it started out- specially when it first started, here in Broward County. Those BSO deputies did a lot of shit right on camera. Rodney King effed that up for everybody.

Now we have Police Women of Broward County- which is an effin joke. A friend of mine is on the SET (Selective Enforcement Team) that the blonde chick is with- the ones who do the buy-busts and shit. He told me that the producers of the show pay the arrestees to say stuff and act in a certain way...

The SET guys do a lot of cool shit- definitely some hard-chargers, but the thing about shows like this is that the REAL action nevers makes it to tv cuz the sheriff wont allow it ;)

13. tigerfan00

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    :thumbsup:

I think that's the probably the case in any department that actually gets into anything good

14. CanisLupus

CanisLupus Previously "MGMTacoFF"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4WD
    - Click Signature for Build Thread -
    Southland is a great police drama, it's going into I think its 4th season around January. I also like Rookie Blue but I know its a little unrealistic and dramatic. I've also always liked Cops because its a little like comedy.

The Wire is probably the best all around TV Show I've ever seen, being right up there with Band of Brothers. They are both HBO, what a surprise! :rolleyes:

15. k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    X2....If I watch Cops I usually say that's not the way it happened or there's something not right here.Lol. yeah the old cops shows were the best. I grew up in broward. things sure have changed sown there..

16. carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Sorry, but that's not even the least bit true for "COPS". The TruTV shows do that (all those repo shows), but not the original.

17. TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit
    I forgot about Southland- excellent show as well

Broward County, between the Turnpike and A1A is all ghetto. The whole thing basically. With the exception of Cooper City, Weston, Coral Springs/Coconut Creek/Tamara area, every city has a least a little 'hood. It's sad

18. KenLyns

KenLyns Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Front Bumper, All-Pro UCAs, Icon ET Coilovers, Icon VS Rear Shocks, TSB Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, CBI Sliders, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps, Deeza HD Sway Bar Links
    X2

With more fiction:
    The Shield
    Flashpoint (based on Toronto ETF SWAT team)

19. k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    Spent several years in Davie the rest in Coral Springs. Haven't been back since my folks moved 10 years ago. They were getting tired of it.

20. TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit

Coral Springs is still pretty nice. Not all rich people or anything, but the people who live their are pretty well behaved.

Davie is a great city- I grew up next door in Cooper City- but Davie has its little shitholes. Particularly the trailer parks and the parts of the city around 441. Overall still pretty nice and very country

To Top