1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best dealership in Houston for service?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by sharpcalc, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Sep 21, 2016 at 9:17 PM
    sharpcalc

sharpcalc [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 dcsb or 4x4
    Which dealership have you had the best experience with as far as warranty or regular service goes in the Houston area? And who did you use as your service advisor? Just bought the new 3rd gen tacoma and like some of yall I have squeaky leaf springs and some vibrations when braking. Just want to talk to someone knowledgeable about the problems with our trucks instead of wasting my time.

2. Nov 19, 2016 at 11:20 PM
    ktTRAN24

ktTRAN24 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kt
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Tacoma TX
    Toyota World on 45 & even Gullo Toyota has always been a go-to's for me.
    Got my head light, leaf spring recalls, and drive shaft replacements done there.

VenturaSuperMagna likes this.
  3. Jan 24, 2017 at 10:34 AM
    TravoHTX

TravoHTX 2017 TRD OR

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Westminster, Colorado
    Any other recommendations for great service departments? :)

4. Feb 27, 2017 at 10:09 PM
    Swiftks

Swiftks Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR
    Bilstein 6112 (front) Bilstein 5160 (rear) Headstrong Progressive AAL ShiftSense Pro SumoSprings BakFlip F1 Tonneau Cover BAMF Grille aFe intake w/ scoop Custom Exhaust - URD Y-Pipe, Vibrant Ultra Quite Resonator & MagnaFlow Muffler 4Runner TRD Pro 17" Wheels Wrangler DuraTracs - 265/70R-17 Redline Hood Struts OPT7 LED Headlights (Highs & Lows) Baja Designs Squadron Pro Fog Lights LED Interior Lights Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners TRD Pro Skid Plate TRD Pro Tail Lights TRD Pro Shift Knob @CBoy808 Custom Bedside Decals FormulaOne Pinnacle Window Tint OEM Tacoma Bed Mat OEM Tacoma All Weather Floor Mats Fumoto Valve Amsoil Fluids
    Gullo Toyota in Conroe. Bought my 2016 there in July, great sales, service, management, etc. Liked them so much went back last month and bought my wife's 4Runner from them as well.
    Ask for Spencer in Service department... Very knowledgeable.

Also a great option if you're far north of town, or in the area is Atkinson Toyota in Madisonville. Their service department is second to none in my experience so far. I work up there every now and then, so I started scheduling things like part installs when I would be up there for the day.
    They installed my Bilstein 6112s for me no problem when other dealerships wouldn't touch aftermarket suspension parts, and they did it for a price better than any shop in Houston ($250 w/ alignment if I remember correctly). Said they would do a UCA Install as well for me, when no other Toyota dealership would, or wanted 3x as much. And because it's such a large dealership and such a small rural area, I can always get in/out in the same day.

Long story short.... Gullo if I'm in town, Atkinson in Madisonville if I'm up North.

Hemibee and sharpcalc[OP] like this.
  5. Aug 9, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    TravoHTX

TravoHTX 2017 TRD OR

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Westminster, Colorado
    Bumpin this back up for recommendations~ 2017 Off Road, 10k service coming up and I want to cover the transmission TSB, crankshaft sensor TSB, rear diff is seeping, no leak, wanna get that checked too but don't want to have to explain everything to the service tech if I don't have to... Does anyone on here work in the service department of a Houston area dealership? Or can recommend a dealership and/or tech?

6. Aug 9, 2017 at 12:42 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Autonation off 45

7. Aug 9, 2017 at 2:06 PM
    TravoHTX

TravoHTX 2017 TRD OR

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Westminster, Colorado
    Is that even possible? I was assuming you could only take your truck to a Toyota dealer if you're getting warranty work done.

8. Aug 9, 2017 at 2:12 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    huh? you can take your truck there if it looks ugly .. just tell them what you want. I've had good experiences at that dealer with buying and service.

9. Aug 10, 2017 at 6:50 AM
    TravoHTX

TravoHTX 2017 TRD OR

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Westminster, Colorado
    My fault, I was under the impression that Autonation was it's own entity and not an official Toyota dealership.

10. Aug 11, 2017 at 8:53 AM
    mutely

mutely Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro in metallic primer
    Never had much luck with Don McGill, there service constantly tries to screw / up-charge you and never did a great job. Just started using Joe Myers and seem to be a lot better more knowledgeable and far more upfront.

11. Aug 11, 2017 at 9:37 AM
    TravoHTX

TravoHTX 2017 TRD OR

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Westminster, Colorado
    I'm definitely going with Joe Myers on 290 next time if I don't get any exceptional service suggestions, it's closer to my house anyways

12. Aug 12, 2017 at 4:05 PM
    TexasWhiteIce

TexasWhiteIce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2022 White DCLB SR5 - Blackout
    Don McGill in Katy is pretty good. I've used them a few times for warranty work and they seem to have come through.

Gully Toyota is one of the best, used them for squeaky air conditioner motor, and wheel bearing. Never crowded which is always good.

Haas Toyota is good too but kinda small. Didn't like being cramped in a waiting room with so many people

13. Aug 13, 2017 at 7:47 AM
    Swiftks

Swiftks Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR
    Bilstein 6112 (front) Bilstein 5160 (rear) Headstrong Progressive AAL ShiftSense Pro SumoSprings BakFlip F1 Tonneau Cover BAMF Grille aFe intake w/ scoop Custom Exhaust - URD Y-Pipe, Vibrant Ultra Quite Resonator & MagnaFlow Muffler 4Runner TRD Pro 17" Wheels Wrangler DuraTracs - 265/70R-17 Redline Hood Struts OPT7 LED Headlights (Highs & Lows) Baja Designs Squadron Pro Fog Lights LED Interior Lights Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners TRD Pro Skid Plate TRD Pro Tail Lights TRD Pro Shift Knob @CBoy808 Custom Bedside Decals FormulaOne Pinnacle Window Tint OEM Tacoma Bed Mat OEM Tacoma All Weather Floor Mats Fumoto Valve Amsoil Fluids
    Gullo Toyota in Conroe very good. Ask for Spencer (service rep.) very knowledgeable. And what he doesn't know, I educate him about, every time I come in.

14. Aug 14, 2017 at 12:28 PM
    Bebop

Bebop Old fashion cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Castle rock Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma baja
    6inch lift sitting on bilstein coilovers. Lexus is300 studs in front to keep stock wheels, general grabber red letters, nfab front bumper.
    Have to disagree with you on that one. Terrible service department and their parts department is just as bad. My go to is fort bend Toyota off 99 and 59. They took care of the trucks warranty work when joe Myers told me to turn my radio up for my kazoo noise tsb.

15. Aug 14, 2017 at 2:20 PM
    TravoHTX

TravoHTX 2017 TRD OR

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Westminster, Colorado
    A friend recommended Fred Haas, I emailed them asking if they were aware of the TSB's and recalls on the Tacoma and they responded very quickly saying yes. I'm ganna go with them. I did the same with Joe Myers and haven't gotten a response...

16. Aug 19, 2017 at 9:20 AM
    Hemibee

Hemibee Grumpy Old Man W5BSC

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Southeast Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Taco & Triumph Tiger 800XC
    ARB, Dobinsons, JBA, Shrockwork.
    My son and I have always used Gullo for service and warranty work.

Products Discussed in

To Top