1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best DFW area Toyota Stealership?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by bladsville, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Jan 3, 2019 at 10:31 PM
    CBHorns13

CBHorns13 Member

Member:
    Plano, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma SR5
    Just had the 15k, 20k and fan cover service done, but have had a good experience so far with Longo in Prosper.

2. Jan 5, 2019 at 7:04 AM
    Landpirate

Landpirate Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma BBP SR5 DCSB
    KB Voodoo MAX Modular rack, Smittybilt Overlander RTT and awning, DECKED system
    I bought my Taco and have it serviced at Rockwall. The sales experience was great, and service has been great as well.
    The only "issues" I've had and I hesitate to even call it that were when I got an alignment done and then when I asked about a TRD skid plate install.
    On the alignment, somehow my truck killed their alignment machine and it ended up taking them about two hours to get it done because they had to keep rebooting it. That said they offered to drive me somewhere to get something to eat, and offered to drive me back to work while they worked on my truck. Good customer service there.
    Regarding the skid plate, I drive an SR5 4x4. I drive from Mansfield to up by Abrams/LBJ every day, and I cover Dallas, Rockwall, Hunt, Kaufman, Ellis, and Navarro Counties for work. I see a -lot- of crap on the road and I wanted something to give me a little protection for said crap on the road and also for when I do get offroad. I'm not a serious crawler or anything (not banging into rocks) so I wasn't worried about heavy armor. I asked the service guy (not the one I was trying to meet with) when I went in for my 5k service about ordering and installing a TRD skid. He said it wouldn't fit my truck and I would have to drop it off for a day so that he could have a tech look at it, figure out a one-off custom work order, and develop an estimate because those weren't made to work with my truck. I already knew that basically all I have to do is remove the chin and then bolt the skid on, but I was looking to have one ordered and then installed when I came in for a regular service check. Then the skids became unobtanium but it looks like the new ones are showing up now so I will probably just order the skid and install it myself.
    Again, I really like Rockwall and have had great experiences and it is the first dealership of any sort that has impressed me. I live, work, and drive by multiple Toyota dealerships and I don't regret going to Rockwall and will continue going there.

3. Jan 11, 2019 at 2:08 PM
    Rock Lobster

Rock Lobster Gon Campin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Stooooock!
    This is my experience exactly. Did not care at all for their finance guy, I got a little snippy with him, but the sales people were friendly. I've been happy with their service department, I've been using them for two years now. When I asked them to swap parts from the old truck to the new (as part of the purchase negotiations) they did it flawlessly. I was expecting them to just get them slapped on and I'd do the minor adjustments on my own - nope, springs were tensioned exactly the way I wanted and the softopper was perfectly aligned. The only thing I really don't like about them is their shitty free coffee in the waiting area, sure wish they would hand out the good stuff :burp:.

Mitch76 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top