1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

best front coilovers

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 98fourbangertaco, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Nov 23, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    98fourbangertaco

98fourbangertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma, 4wd, SR5, 2.7L, 5-speed
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    i know its been a while since ive been on here but im thinking of doing lower gears and little bigger tires and wanna beef my suspension a little bit, right now its all stock with the daystar 2.5 in kit that has urathane spacers up front and longer greesable shackles in the rear, its sagged quite a bit and im looking to maybe replace with a good 2.5 or 3 in kit that changes leafs and different coilovers up from, i dont jump the truck or anything its just a daily driver and trail truck, i dont want to pay for gas resovoirs or anything just some billys and better coils up front and better leafs in the rear but when i search all i seem to find are either expensive gas resovior adjustable coilovers or just spacer kit, i know some of you guys are runnin just billys up front with aftermarket coils so could somebody help me out and give me some part numbers and price ranges? Also keep in mind im not worried about towing compacity and i want to be as flexy as possible and still be a good daily driver, not worried about a really soft ride as im not running my sway bar now, just looking for a good setup to run some 32s or 33s on stock spacing wheels with little to no trimming, thanks ryan

2. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:17 AM
    ratso

ratso Well-Known Member

Member:
    northern ca2
    Vehicle:
    sr5
    Camburg coilovers,ARB, warn 9000,avic d3,KN cold air,poweraid, optima yellow top,line x
  3. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:51 AM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    So you dont want a set of coilovers, just a shock and lift coil combo?

(when people say coilovers they usually are refering to adjustable coilovers like Fox, Icon, camburg, Sway away, king...etc..)

You are thinking bilstein 5100 and eibach 3'' coils. You set the 5100's on the lowest postion and the coils give 3'' of lift.

get your coils form here: www.toyteclifts.com

and your shocks form here: www.downsouthmotorsports.com

You can run a new leaf pack in the rear, like the OME dakar pack to level you out.

Wheelers offroad also has lift leaf packs available

4. Nov 23, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area NorCal
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    best front coilovers
    :notsure:

5. Nov 23, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    TacoMX

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    judging by his OP, he wants a cheaper coil over option like bilsteins, not the high dollar adjustable coilovers.

6. Nov 24, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    98fourbangertaco

98fourbangertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma, 4wd, SR5, 2.7L, 5-speed
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    Yes I'm looking for bilateins and the lift coils with a new leaf pack just wondering the cost of such setup and was wandering what part numbers and what leaf pack I need, just wanting an up grade from all stock non trd with uryathane spacers up front and longer shackles in the rear that I have now

7. Nov 24, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    TacoMX

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    coils: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.ph...tegory_id=121&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

Leaf pack:
    http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.ph...tegory_id=122&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

5100's: http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-1...acoma-pre-runner-4wd-pre-load-adjustable.html

Those are the best places to buy the stuff from. Call both places before you order because they give discounts for TW members.

I would put on the rear leaf packs and see how level you are, and decide whether or not you want to remove the lift shackles you have on.

8. Nov 24, 2011 at 9:21 AM
    jflan

jflan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Access 4x4 2.7L manual SR5
    SnugTop SuperSport Sportsman keyless cap Weathertech mats - OEM skidplate - OEM hitch
    Well, you sprung for the ARB bumper and winch so you're not that poor :D

Just go to Toytec and get the Old Man Emu full kit with Dakars.
    Have them assemble the coilovers. Done.

To Top