1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Holo Sight for 1911?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by skeletron, May 4, 2022.

1. May 4, 2022 at 7:16 AM
    skeletron

skeletron [OP] Disgraced Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clark
    Sakerlina
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Broh
    Hey everyone,

I'm pretty old school with my guns and I'm still using open sights on all my pistols. A while back I was with some friends doing some shooting and tried out their holo sights on a few different models. I was really impressed with them but it's taken me a while to convince myself to get one.

Well now my favorite (non-carry) and most reliable pistols are 1911s. Anyone have a recommendation for a holo sight on one? What do I need to know when looking into getting one?

TIA brothers and sisters

2. May 9, 2022 at 8:58 PM
    Bajatacoma

Bajatacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off-Road, SR5, 6 speed
    Ironically I was looking at Sig's website yesterday and saw where they have a mount for their Romeo1 sight. I think the 1 is supposed to be good to go but Sig seems to be using the buyers as beta testers on a lot of their products so I don't know for sure. I like the mount though, it replaces the rear sight but doesn't sit up as high as most sight replacement style mounts and doesn't require milling the slide.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo1-handgun-mounting-kit-1911-standard.html
    They make mounts for a variety of guns.

Trijicon makes mounts for their products as well, both with and without sights- I like this setup with the suppressor height night sights and the price isn't that bad considering it's a mount with night sights. Ex. (they make several models for 1911s, this is just one of them I copied the link to at random) https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ca428-c-600758

Personally I've been looking at the Holosun 407 and 507 series but have only shot a gun with a 407; the owner has had no issues with it and I liked the sight picture even though I'm not used to a red dot on a handgun. I'm not sure what mount would be best though, short of having the slide milled.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    skeletron[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 6, 2022 at 10:27 PM
    .357bang

.357bang Sharpshooter Jerry

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    AZ
    I have one of the Burris Fastfires on a G17 that I use for steel plate matches.

I half expected it to self destruct, riding the slide as it does, but I've been pleasantly surprised by it's performance for the past two seasons. Once it had a hundred rounds or so to settle in, I've never had to re-adjust it's zero.

I did have to put a dot of paint over it's ambient light sensor to tone down the intensity of the dot. It was too bright for me originally. The paint fools it into thinking the light conditions are darker than they really are, and it dims the intensity.

Products Discussed in

To Top