1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BEST IN-DASH UNDER 250

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TacomaWill, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jan 3, 2014 at 10:44 PM
    TacomaWill

TacomaWill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Columbus, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad 4x4 SR5 Tacoma
    Fox 2.0 Coilover's, Light Racing UCA's, Icon VS 2.0 rear shocks, Body Armor front bumper, SB XRC10 Winch w/ Dominion Offroad Technora Synthetic Rope, JDM Cyrstal Black Headlights, 6000k HID's, Four Pro Comp Lights, TRD Sport Hood, Flowmaster 40, 5% tint on rear, 15% on front, +++++ more
    Alright, so my stock radio is finally starting to give up on me, and im in the market for a replacement.
    I am looking at a few different double din kenwoods, clarions, jvc's, and pioneers that are all around the 200 dollar mark.
    Is there a "best" that can be found around that price range?
    What all do you guys have and what would you recommend?
    The ability to play my phone through the radio is a must. I would like it to have wireless bluetooth to play music, but i do not care for talking on the phone through the radio. I am fine with just plugging my phone in to the radio via USB or AUX if necessary.
    I do not care about navigation.
    I do not like the flip out screens.
    I do not care about removing the screen to prevent theft, as my .40 prevents theft just fine.
    I do not care about fancy lights and fancy features, but I do care about ease of use. If the radio stresses me out more than the woman sitting in the passenger seat, I dont want it.

Any advice, Tacoma World?

2. Jan 8, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    DecaturTide

DecaturTide Well-Known Member

Member:
    River City
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR AC BARCELONA RED
    I just installed a Kenwood DPX300U. Hooked a SiriusXM tuner to it. Haven't bought new speakers yet, but I probably won't until the speakers go. It actually sounds good with the oem speakers. Last night I figured out how to use a USB flashdrive that plugs into the front of the unit. The sound from the USB is amazing! Anyway, the head unit I've got was $150.00. If you want bluetooth the Kenwood DPX500bt is $200.00. The unit fit perfect, and it is easy to use.

3. Jan 12, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    amcorley

amcorley Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hill AFB
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner SR5 Sport
    Running boards, BOSS audio system with backup cam, nav, dvd, and bluetooth
    http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-DDX47...=sr_1_78?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1389585424&sr=1-78

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Mobile_Video_n_Navigation/Mobile_Video/DDX470

FYSA: currently $208 on ebay w/ 21 hrs left. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-DDX...deo_In_Dash_Units_w_o_GPS&hash=item2587cc9c69

This Kenwood was a close runner up when I bought my BOSS. I wanted Nav though so I went with it. My key features were DVD, NAV, handsfree phone calls through bluetooth, Camera input, and the little spinny volume wheel (i like those).

I'm really happy with my BOSS but it was $300 and has NAV.

image-1_bc2dd5787f9815bb45458449524302beb0be1716.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jan 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM
    TacomaWill

TacomaWill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Columbus, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad 4x4 SR5 Tacoma
    Fox 2.0 Coilover's, Light Racing UCA's, Icon VS 2.0 rear shocks, Body Armor front bumper, SB XRC10 Winch w/ Dominion Offroad Technora Synthetic Rope, JDM Cyrstal Black Headlights, 6000k HID's, Four Pro Comp Lights, TRD Sport Hood, Flowmaster 40, 5% tint on rear, 15% on front, +++++ more

I ended up getting on CL and buying a pioneer avh something. I forget the number, but it came with a Tacoma dash kit in pretty good shape and it has Bluetooth, plays DVDs, and is nav ready. 9ybevezy_fbb0b70518f42136c1c7b0101df3494fbbfe9921.jpg
    I just hate that the volume is a clicker volume and not a turn knob.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top