1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Lift for 2005 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Tacomade, May 5, 2009.

1. May 5, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    Tacomade

Tacomade [OP] New Member

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD 4x4
    Daystar Lift Kit, Westin Bull Bar with Skid Plate, UWS Nerf Bars, Fold A Cover G4 Elite, Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 Series
    Need help please.:confused:
    I'm getting ready to have my taco modified next Thursday. I want some more height than what I have now with the stock body & 265/65/17 tires. So I'm putting on 275/65/17 tires and was told that the Daystar lift kit (2.5" front & 1 1/4" rear) would give me plenty of height. And should not really go any higher because the truck would not look good lifted higher with the 275 tires on it. I was thinking about adding a 3" body lift also. But now I don't know if to just go with the Daystar lift kit like the truck accessories place told me. Can anyone help me and give me your opinion on what to go with that would look good on my 05 taco?

2. May 5, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    "Best" lift is a horrible question to ask- far to broad and not easily answered.

What you are trying to accomplish with your lift?? How much do you have to spend??

Use the serach to see what other folks have done....and ask them specific questions.

3. May 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    TacoTycoon

TacoTycoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4WD Indigo Ink
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    yep brunes has it covered bud

To Top