1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best lift kit for a no budget limit.....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Razorecko, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    I've still got other parts on order. Just wait till all this is done. ;)

2. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    I'll probably be on the truck's 7th iteration by then. :laugh:

3. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    You have stuff lined up or is it more of a long-term goal?

4. Jun 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    More of a mid term goal. Im hoping to get it within the next year. How hard is it to install? Im very mechanicly inclined. I want to intall myself.

5. Jun 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2wd is cake and can be done in an afternoon. 4x4 takes a bit longer and you'll need a 50 ton press to get the old axles out of the CVs. Best to bring the axles to a shop and let them worry about it.

The install is very straight-forward. Mine's taking extra time because I'm fixing things that I broke as I go through the suspension. I also ground the bumpstops off the frame to make room for some air bumps if space allows. It's going to get a little crowded up front once the secondary bypass shocks are installed.

6. Jun 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Whatever you buy, just buy 2 and send me the second one. :) No limit budget... must be nice! :)

7. Jun 23, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Dude that looks sic.... Are those upper controls the ones that are for 650$ or 699$ by themselves on the camburg site..?? And bow much travel r u gonna get...??

8. Jun 23, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Can't buy them alone as they're specific to the long travel kit. The have the 1.25" uniball like their normal ones but are designed to stick out farther from the truck frame to work with the extended lower control arms.

When it's all done I should get about 14" of wheel travel up front and 18" in the rear. I'm running Giant Motorsports' 64" spring-under conversion kit and will have some 4-tube bypass 3" diameter 18" travel Fox shocks controlling the rear.

9. Jun 23, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Dude it's gonna look sic.... I saw a guy out here with that second bypass shock on his taco but he had a total chaos front end.... I donno if I asked you but do u have a prerunner or 4x4..??

10. Jun 23, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    4x4, and I'm keeping it functional. While I'm building it for the desert, there's very little of it around here. I'll use this for rock crawling in this area so I need those front wheels to motivate. :)

11. Jun 23, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Yea for sure bro.... Post some pics when your done....

12. Feb 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    tacomalongtravel

tacomalongtravel Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    IE CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma long traveled
    Camburg long travel, glass works front and rear flared fenders (3" rise, 4" flare) w/ bumper caps. 32" rugged terrains. Rear suspension stock for now. Aem intake and wicked flow exhaust dumped.
    Nice set up, Ill be getting same lt kit installed soon.
    What size are the tires?

Products Discussed in

To Top