1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best place to pull power for interior LED's

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by PhantomVirus, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Jul 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    PhantomVirus

PhantomVirus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    People's Republic of NJ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White TRD OffRoad Double Cab
    Don't steal my tailgate Mod, Hardwired Valentine1 Radar Detector, Smitty N-FAB Nerf Bars, Led lights (Maps, overhead & rear License Plate), Debadged, TRD rim center covers, Replaced Chrome Grill with OEM Super White, PlastiDipped Toyota Logo on Grill BLACK, Distinct Offroad Custom light bar
    I was looking at the fuse box today - in my 2012 Taco - planing an interior lighting job and here is what i see.

I pulled a fuse and it is not anything like I have ever seen before. It's not a Mini - the holes are too small to accomodate even a mini fuse. WTH are these new fuses and BTW - they are a NIGHTMARE to get out.

*** UPDATE *** they are LOW PROFILE Minis - or so it seems : http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...-view-camera-switch-dash-mod.html#post3777072

BTW - WHAT's in the empty slots? Anyone know?

Assuming I go with the tried & true Add a Circuit what is the 'best' fuse to tap into for interior cabin LED's
    I plan on having them switched but would like them to be 'on' when the interior dome lights come on.
    One of the things that frustrates me with the truck is that i cannot see the ignition keyhole - it's a pain in the ass - in the dark - unless I turn on my map light - I want to place a directional LED that will illuminate the key section along with cup holder lights, under seat lighting and passenger firewall lights - under the glove box (all LED).

Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Thx
    R

[​IMG]So

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top