1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best place to sell?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by aturk, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Aug 25, 2021 at 11:38 AM
    aturk

aturk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Charlotte, NC
    Never thought I'd ever be selling guns, but I have replaced these with newer models/variants/whatever and there's no need to keep holding them. And if I sell them, I can afford some more. :)

Springfield XDS 9mm. Upgraded trigger springs for a lighter pull. Stainless Slide. Several Extra Mags, Holsters, etc.

Ruger 22/45 MKIII, tons of upgrades Red Dot, Hogue Grip, Compensator, Volquartzen Trigger, 10 magazines, etc.

If you had these, where would you be trying to unload them?

2. Aug 25, 2021 at 11:51 AM
    Slick Taco

Slick Taco Id Rather Be Airborne

Member:
    Lost somewhere in the PNW
    Vehicle:
    Current vehicles: 2019 Rav4 Lunar Rock. 2018 TRD OR DCSB KD Max tuned. 2010 Tundra Limited Crew Max . 1991 4Runner Crawler. Ivan Stewart Edition
    KD Max Tune, King 2.5 coil overs T.C. UCA's, Deaver leafs, 17x9 Black Rhyno Warlords, 33" Toyo M/T's, Metal Tech rear bumper, Westin HDX drop steps with Bullet Liner coating, K&N CAI, Baja Designs fog pods, Rigid Midnight addition 3" pod ditch lights. Cali Raised brackets and 32" behind the grill mounted light bar, Southern Style Offroad Lopro Stage II front bumper, Warn winch, FACTOR 55 Ultra Hook, FACTOR 55 Hawes Fairleed, full debadge, Cosmetic goodies such as 15% carbon tint, matte black in channel rain guards, interior LED's, Teton Workshop shift knob, Inferno vinyl detailing on the interior, Cali Raised multi rocker switch cubby insert with Mc Tuning LED switches and a few other mods I've probably left out.
    Neighbors, hunting buddies, local gun clubs, the shooting range etc. I took eight of my firearms to my local shooting range and sold all of them that day.

3. Aug 25, 2021 at 4:20 PM
    strider98

strider98 Rather Large Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Taco DCSB SR5 V6
    bupkis
    Depends on if you want to move them quickly, or for as much $ as possible.

Quickly, you can trade them in at a gun store, or at a gun show to a dealer/ffl.

Money? Then I would suggest a gun show, but sell them to fellow attendee, not a dealer/ffl as they will lowball you. Or you can sell them on gunbroker if you care to deal with shipping. Or a local classified like Texas Gun Trader, in this case the NC equivalent;)

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  4. Aug 26, 2021 at 5:59 AM
    MAG GRY TACO15

MAG GRY TACO15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRD Off-Road
    Same crap everyone else got
    Does NC allow private to private sells? If so, I'm sure you have some local forum basically dedicated 2a/firearms/hunting that has a classified section.

Something similar to this. I've only seen this site today but I like their methods. Similar to my local one, they have trader ratings/feedback scores so you can see if you're doing business with a trusted member on the board with many deals under their belt with positive experiences.
    https://carolinafirearmsforum.com/index.php?forums/handguns-for-sale-or-trade.58/

pics.jpg

5. Aug 26, 2021 at 6:24 AM
    aturk

aturk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks, I will look around for some local forums.

Just wasn't sure if private sellers still used armslist, gunbroker, etc.

6. Aug 26, 2021 at 6:41 AM
    MAG GRY TACO15

MAG GRY TACO15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRD Off-Road
    Same crap everyone else got
    I think some still do use armslist but there is a high potential for scamming there. That's why I like local forums that use trade ratings. If you were in GA I'd be interested in the 22/45. It's on my list.

7. Aug 26, 2021 at 6:55 AM
    BeatnikFink

BeatnikFink Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off Road
    You could also try consignment at a local shop. They'll take a percentage of the sale but you just drop it off and they deal with all the numbskull questions and looky-loos.

Products Discussed in

To Top