1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best rear option on '06(toyota won't fix)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hitt99, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Aug 15, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    Hitt99

Hitt99 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Texarkana, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 trd DC
    18" wheels
    have an 06 double cab TRD with the 3 pack rear springs. I'm not the original owner so my local dealer will not fix it. What are the options to fix the bottoming out. Where else can I get the right springs

2. Aug 15, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Depending on how frequently and how heavily you haul, you have a few options. You could go the air bag route which would run you a little over $200.

Another option would be an add-a-leaf. An AAL would provide a little lift (either 1.5' or 2" depending on the kit) and works but is sort of a band aid for the problem. It works for a couple years but will eventually flatten out like your stock leaf pack. Icon and Wheelers both make a 3-leaf progressive AAL that rides very well and supports weight well also. It's a little more expensive vs a single AAL but is a nice set-up.

Lastly, you could get a whole new leaf pack. If you want a lift, you could go with OME Dakars or an All-pro expedition leaf pack. Alcan or a local spring shop could custom make a set of leaf springs for you to your specifications taking into account lift and standard loading. This is probably the most expensive option.

To Top