1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Refinancing Place?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeremy_283, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 [OP] Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    Two questions.

Where is the best place to get refinancing (including online)?

Will turning in a bunch of different applications to many different institutions all at once hurt anything?

2. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    beeesmitty

beeesmitty Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    11' SR5 DC BSP 4X4
    265/75/16 Cooper ATP, TRD FJ Trails, 5100's @ 2.75, ReadyLift 2" Blocks
  3. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Not sure if you can refinance out of state but the interest rates at my local credit unions are pretty low, anywhere from 1.74% +

4. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    When looking for a plate to refinance, look at their stipulations on age and milage, I assume you are talking about your 2008 Tacoma; I had gotten my hopes up when I bought my used 2006, and not only was it too old to qualify for the great rates, it had too many miles, basically I got put in the highest bracket simply because of what I was buying, had nothing to do with me. My Credit Union was offering ~1.79% on new cars and used, old, high milage was offering a best rate of 3.99%. And I dont consider a 2006 old for a Toyota, nor do I consider 100k miles high for a Toyota, but the bank does, oh well, 3.99% is still pretty good for a 4yr loan. Also not sure this applies when refinancing, and I think the definition of a new car was "less than 3 years old" but it varies, and a 08' is more than 3 yrs old.

good luck :cool:

5. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    RKTaco

RKTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    07' Dlcb 4x4 Sport Silverstreak
    Weathertechs
    Watch out filing a bunch of applications, every time someone checks your credit your score goes down a couple points. You don't want to lose 30 off your FICO score filing a bunch of online applications. I would check the rates at some local credit unions and/or talk to someone at a branch, they should be able to tell you what sort of rate you would get from them without actually filing an application as long as you know about what credit rating you have. Then you can file an application with the best one.

6. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Not sure if you're talking about auto or home but I say check with your credit union. I've used mine several time. Lowest rates and no or low loan fees. They are usually very simple and quick too.

Products Discussed in

To Top