1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best route for rear springs, if any?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SpeedoJosh, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Mar 1, 2017 at 1:49 AM
    SpeedoJosh

SpeedoJosh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access cab, Base, 4x4
    So I'm ordering up parts for my 2010 and I am not sure what to do with the rear leaf springs. I just ordered some UCAs, and am about to order King OEM replacements for the front and rear. Going extended travel up front. Not really looking to lift, will leave the Kings at their factory setting, and ideally would like the truck to be level or have a tiny rake.
    Currently I have stock leaves in the back, but will be getting the recall leaves, what ever those consist of. Will also be adding a plate bumper. What else would be needed to keep the truck level and riding smooth in the rear? Full leaf replacement, AAL, etc...?

Thanks
    -Josh

2. Mar 1, 2017 at 3:19 AM
    sjwhitaker

sjwhitaker Today Was A Good Day.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Berea, KY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Offroad 6MT - Icon Stage 2 - 285/75/16 Falken AT3W
    I'm in the same situation. I've heard great things about the Dakar leaf springs from Old Man Emu but I have a budget set that is going to make me pick between a full leaf pack or an add a leaf and upper control arms. I had a Icon AAL on my old Tacoma and had nothing bad to say about it. It rode great and got the job done.

SpeedoJosh[OP] and BohlaaH like this.
  3. Mar 1, 2017 at 3:20 AM
    BohlaaH

BohlaaH Loading...

Member:
    First Name:
    ALEX
    Thunder Bay, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCLB
    Rigid Industries Grille and 20' fitted LED bar 6" BDS Lift w/ FOX 2.5 (front) FOX 2.0 (rear) 35x12.5 TOYO M/T Open Country Tires Fuel Assault 18" Wheels OPT 7 LED 9003 Headlight Cut Cab Mount & Pinch Weld Trimmed Fender Flares 4.88 Yukon Gears ARB air locker Front & Rear Dent in Driver door... Relentless Fab CB antenna hood mounts Rigid Industries Dually "Amber" spot lights Adventure Offroad Fabrication Overhead Console OTTRAW Switch Mod
    Dakars are spoken highly of, I'd go that route. Deavers are also good but pricy. Cheers

4. Mar 1, 2017 at 4:52 AM
    spiralout462

spiralout462 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Shore VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 dclb
    Icon suspension '15 toyota nav TRD FJ SE anthracite wheels Weathertechs Trd pro pieces
    I wouldn't change the rear leafs unless they're not doing something you expect them to do. I wouldn't waste my time with the TSB either.

5. Mar 1, 2017 at 7:49 AM
    SpeedoJosh

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    I'd prefer not to change them, but worried the factory setting on the Kings and the rear plate bumper will give me the cali look.

I'm still going to get the recall leaves though. Don't want to chance mine snapping in two.

6. Mar 1, 2017 at 7:54 AM
    eccracer104

eccracer104 O.G. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra 4x4
    If I were in your shoes I'd go with an AAL (Add A Leaf) several great options out there for them too.

On my truck I have the All Pro Standard leaf springs, they're 3" lift springs and run great on and off road. They may lift the rear end higher than what you'd like though, but if you do go with a full replacement pack they're great.

7. Mar 1, 2017 at 11:24 AM
    SpeedoJosh

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Yea, trying to avoid buying lift springs and having to remove some. I'll probably do the add a leaf. I was going to just install everything and see how it looked, but while I'm taking the rear shocks off, might was well toss in the AAL while I'm down there.

Products Discussed in

To Top