1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Securing Bed Cover for the Price

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by soccerjet13, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Nov 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    soccerjet13

soccerjet13 [OP] 2012 TX Baja

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma TX series Baja
    I am looking into buying a bed cover for my Baja. I have been looking at the Flex and the Bakflip. Does anyone have experience or reviews of these? Also do you lose the use of your rails and bed cleats?

2. Nov 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    steelers4582

steelers4582 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Woodbridge, VA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Dbl Cab 4x4
    Fold-a-Cover, Cabela's Trail Gear 2 Floor Liners, AntennaX Billet Antenna, AFE air filter, Flyzeyes, sockmonkey bedside decals, Grillcraft grill w/ Land Cruiser emblem, Hella 500s behind grill mounted with a BAMF light bar
    I have a fold-a-cover G4 elite. Locks on both ends. Never had any issues and keeps water out pretty well.

3. Nov 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    Extang solid fold is pretty good

4. Nov 10, 2012 at 4:51 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Ft. Belvoir, VA / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, Goodyear DuraTrac 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Pros and cons with anything. G4 Elite is prob most secure with key locking mechanisms on both ends, but takes a bit to remove once installed if you need the whole bed. Extang Solid Fold (what I chose) installs/removes very easy, but locks down with clamps into the rails and not key locks. Very secure with a pop & lock on the tailgate. I looked at some of the others you mentioned, but found they are not secure at all. You can easily slip a hangar between the bed and cover to pull a wire and your inside in seconds even with a pop & lock.

To Top