1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Shop - East Valley

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Knwilson, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Apr 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    Knwilson

Knwilson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just picked up a 2013 DCSB Prerunner Sport. Looking to get wheels, tires, possible lift (small leveling kit or ~1.5" lift), and maybe snugtop cap.

Wheels - Method Racing Fat Fives (17x8.5")
    Tires - Nitto Terra Grapplers (265/70/17)
    Possible Lift - 5100s all around with stock coils and .85 or 1.75" setting up front (not sure yet on new coils and/or height setting)
    Cap - Snugtop Aero Sport

Anyone have some recommendations for where to go to have this all done as a package deal? Believe it or not, I have reached out to the dealer where i just paid cash for the truck, SDHQ, and 4WP and never got a response from any of them. Apparently business is so good these days, they don't want my money.

Figured I check with you all for recommendations. I know I can buy most of this online and install myself, but wanted to get some local quotes as well to compare and decide if my time/effort is worth it or easier and quicker to just get it done.

2. Apr 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    TheGloryFades

TheGloryFades Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '13 toaster
    By the parts and wait for a mod day, most of us do our own suspension work

3. Apr 7, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    Knwilson

Member:
    Very much an option (most likely to do). Still need the wheels/tires and the potential snugtop.

I can find the wheels and tires online, ship them (costs) but would need them mounted and balanced at a shop. Better to go to discount or big-o and try to get them to price match? Possibly give me some credit for the OEM tires with a couple hundred miles on them?.?.?

Part of me want to save money, but the impatient me wants to take the truck in Monday and pick it up Tuesday all done. :)

4. Apr 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    Im sorry if i was late to responding to a PM. i have been out with Kidney stones. They are hell.

We can get everything your looking for. I will have to check availability on the Method's but they are usually good on stock with the Five's. We mist likely have the 5100's in stock, if not it's a day to get. The topper i would have to get in as well. But we can do that, or at least point you in the right direction.

As for the Tires, i would try to talk you away from the Nitto's and into some Toyo's. You would be getting a much better tire with the Toyo (Toyo makes Nitto tires to Nitto's specs) And the Toyo's are cheaper as well. 100% way to go with the toyo's.

We can also do the install for you, or answer any questions you may have to DIY. Im sure a lot can be done with a MOD day with guy's from here.

Any questions give me a call at the shop or a PM on here so i can get you some TW pricing.

-Vince@SDHQ

5. Apr 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    dira1987

dira1987 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Chandler AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 LT Prerunner
    Metal.
    I got all of my stuff from Sierra Expeditions in Tempe. Awesome people that REALLY know their stuff and wont steer you wrong.

and if you decide to install it yourself they will help you out just in case you put something in the wrong way:anonymous: Check them out too!

6. Apr 10, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    jjhmoney

jjhmoney Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    09 Pre Runner
    XTC Motorsports! They did a great job on my truck and felt as though it was priced right!

7. Apr 10, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    SierraExp

SierraExp Its the Journey, not the Destination Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Sierra Expeditions
    Mesa, Arizona
    thanks David!

8. Apr 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    Knwilson

Member:
    Crap, I was chomping at the bit and already ordered the wheels and tires. I appreciate the reply and now know where to turn for future needs.

Hope you're feeling better and passed the stones. They are no joke!!!!

9. Apr 11, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    No worries! Let me know about the Bilsteins.

Products Discussed in

To Top