1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

best site for Ammo?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Zombie Runner, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Oct 14, 2009 at 11:19 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  2. Oct 14, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    alright ive done some research and yes, bushnell does make the EOtech. Ill be getting this sight very soon!

3. Oct 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    bambooshoots

bambooshoots Be a fountain, not a drain.

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Honda Accord Sport
    I did it again. Got tired of paying truck payments and gas and traded in for a 2015 Honda Accord Sport since I enjoyed my 2013 Sport so much.
    Actually I would skip the Bushnell and splurge on the EOTech.

The Bushnell is a cheaper version. L3 makes the EOTech.

If you look at both of them you'll notice that the EOTech has a protective hood around the glass whereas the Bushnell does not.

If the rifle is going to be STRICTLY range only then the Bushnell should suffice but if you plan on putting it on your "social encounter" gun I would get the EOTech.

You can't believe everything your hear. ESPECIALLY in gun stores. I swear, sometimes the Walmart ammo counter guy is more pleasant to deal with than gun store employees.

My $0.02.

4. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    I doubt that he will be getting into any hand to hand combat with his new M4...there is no need to buy a $500+ sight if you can't afford it and don't really need it.

I bought my Aimpoint for $400 and could afford to do so at the time, but I didn't need it. Sounds like this will be a range gun and that sight will last him for a good many years. Bushnell is a well respected brand that is dependable. However, I would buy a high quality optic if it could be afforded.

OP what rails did you get?

For a flashlight I have a cheap $30 Surefire G2 or 3 (can't remember what it is) that has lasted me for 5 years now. They make mounts for them to attach to the rails and such too.

5. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I didn't read though all the responses but I get most of my ammo from AIMsurplus.

6. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:34 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    I was going to order from them, but JG sales has most of the same stuff for either the same price or cheaper. Plus they are localish too and I always like to support the local guy. :D

I called AIM during the ammo crunch and the lady I spoke to was nice, but the shipping seemed higher to me. Have you noticed any drastic decreases in shipping costs? or increases for that matter? :confused:

To the OP:

If you have to have an Eotech here is one for just over $300
    http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/products/EOTech 512 Tactical Red Dot AA Battery Demo Model.html
    That's a pretty good deal any day of the week.

7. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I bought most all my ammo before the crunch. Shipping wasn't ever drastic to me. They've been good to me and I'll continue to get my bulk ammo from them.

8. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:48 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:

Good to know, Ill maybe give them a try next time I go to get ammo.
    :infantry:
    I usually get it at the gun show that comes to the fair every couple of months. There is one vendor there that has good deals on .40, .45acp and sometimes .223. Plus you get to look at all the cool guns they have!:goingcrazy::woot:

9. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:53 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    The last 5 times I went to the Crossroads I didn't find deals on any ammo so I gave up going.

10. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Really?

Did you go to the last one, because they had PMC .223 ammo for 6.99 a box. That's the cheapest I have ever seen it. Tons of factory reloaded .40 and .45ACP. The only thing that was really hard to find was .380 ammo. There was none to be found anywhere.

My buddy picked up a complete w/bolt carrier M4A3 (no carry handle) for $450.

11. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    Georgia Arms is great! I buy in 1000 rnd cans.

12. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    40204ever

40204ever Well-Known Member

Member:
    Caldwell, TX
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco racing development
    I have bought from these guys in the past. http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/

They sell a wide range of manufacturers and keep up with what is in stock and what is listed on the website.

They are local to me (Brenham, TX) and you can pick up your order if your local. I get stuck on sales tax though.

13. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    scrtsql

scrtsql Well-Known Member

Member:
    chicago ill
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4
    go to walmart

14. Oct 14, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    That is a good deal, no doubt. The upper too.

15. Oct 14, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Sorry I meant upper...and I left out that it was from CMMG with a 1:9 Chromoly barrel. He already had the lower, well I gave him one of mine. My gun no longer has any of the original parts from when I first bought it.

But things at the gun show were really cheap, even the old guy that sells HK knock offs lowered his prices considerably...

16. Oct 14, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    I'm thoroughly broke now but when I get some $ for my next upper, maybe I'll give the show another go.

17. Oct 14, 2009 at 10:40 PM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Im not sure what rails are on it, they came with the gun

I went out and shot my gun for the first time earlier today. It shot really well and sighted in just fine. My mag is a piece of crap though...once i got down to less than 7 or so rounds my mag would try and double feed rounds into my gun....
    I did order a new Pmag from midway already though.
    One of my dads friends was out there with us and he had an EOtech on his AR and I loved it!:D I might just have to save up for one. probably the best choice for now

I came home and cleaned the shit out of my gun, I was amazed at how dirty the bolt assembly was!

18. Oct 14, 2009 at 10:57 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Good man, that's the way to break in the barrel. How many rounds did you shoot and what ammo where you using? RR is a good brand, but to properly break in the barrel you need to clean it after 70 so round for the first 200ish. Just the barrel, not the entire gun or chamber.

PS I'm just saying http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/products/EOTech%20512%20Tactical%20Red%20Dot%20AA%20Battery%20Demo%20Model.html :notsure:not that much more than the bushnell...

Throgh some pics of it up when you get a chance...maybe I can tell you what rails you got...

19. Oct 14, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    im guessing its already broke in, I bought it used, in very good condition, but from how dirty the internals where im thinking they didnt know how to break down the gun...:facepalm:
    I was only able to shoot about 40 rounds tonight, my mag kept jamming up my gun so I called it quits a little early.
    I was using pmc 55gr FMJ

that EOtech is out of stock :(
    Ill get some detailed pics tomorrow

20. Oct 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Ok cool, can't wait to see what you got there.

I will do some more checking in the next few days and see if I can't find you a good deal. Their out there, it's you have to know where to look.

Products Discussed in

To Top