1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Toyota Stealership for Service Around Austin?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by deuceb, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Dec 2, 2020 at 10:11 AM
    deuceb

deuceb [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver | Austin
    Vehicle:
    2018 Taco BBPDCLBTRDOR | 2004 MB SL55 | 86 VW GTI
    Hey y'all it's about time for me to get my Taco serviced, and I was hoping someone had a recommendation of where to go in the area. I know oil changes are easy, I installed my lift kit myself, but I just don't want to mess with oil changes and oil at my apartment. Plus I need to see if they can do the fuel pump recall. Thanks for your help!

Texoma likes this.
  2. Dec 2, 2020 at 10:22 AM
    Naveronski

Naveronski Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB TRD:OR
    Not sure of the dealerships.
    I've had good luck doing other stuff at Triple C Chop Shop, so might want to keep them in mind for other stuff.

Texoma likes this.
  3. Dec 2, 2020 at 10:26 AM
    imthejaybird

imthejaybird I make things and do stuff. TTC #287

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Burleson, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma DCSB
    @Texoma

Texoma and Naveronski[QUOTED] like this.
  4. Dec 2, 2020 at 10:40 AM
    deuceb

Member:
    Denver | Austin
    Vehicle:
    Thanks I'll keep them in mind after my fuel pump recall is done, but I don't think they'll do that for free. :)

Texoma and Naveronski[QUOTED] like this.
  5. Dec 2, 2020 at 10:53 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Any dealer will be able to handle the fuel pump recall. For your oil change, you can make it simple. Fumuto drain valve for ease of draining and the filter assembly can be drained just as easily. Get yourself a good grease gun and you can do all your own maintenance.

6. Dec 2, 2020 at 11:10 AM
    deuceb

Member:
    Denver | Austin
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I was just wondering if there were specific ones anyone recommended. As for the oil change I just take no joy in doing oil changes anymore for the cost of paying someone else. I've done a million of them in my lifetime, and if I'm going to work on my truck it has to be something more interesting like when I did my lift. (I do have a nice grease gun for that too) If/when I get a super/turbocharger I'll probably tear into my truck the first weekend I get it, but I've been putting off the oil change for a month now. I might go to the Fumoto drain after the fuel pump, but we'll see.

Anyway! I guess there's no recommendations so I'll just see who has the earliest opening. Thanks though!

7. Dec 3, 2020 at 12:53 AM
    .223Taco

.223Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    '18 Cement DCSB OR
    Toyota of Cedar Park has been pretty good. Just had my fuel pump recall done a couple weeks ago. There has been stuff I wasn't happy about after service and they work with you to make it right.

deuceb[OP] likes this.
  8. Dec 6, 2020 at 7:15 AM
    ATXZJ

ATXZJ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma access cab 4x4
    2.5 OME, 5100s, Toytec, JBAs, ARB bumper, 265 ATs, ARE shell
    Lost Pines Toyota in Bastrop has been taking care of me for 7 years now.

deuceb[OP] likes this.
  9. Dec 6, 2020 at 9:44 AM
    deuceb

Member:
    Denver | Austin
    Vehicle:
    I went to autonation Toyota in Austin, and they pushed me to just do my own oil changes. I'm sure it's standard for them to try and upsell you on shit, but my truck has 24k miles on it, and they called me with "our tech really would like to advise a brake flush and fill blah blah blah". At 24k miles?! Fuck off with that shit. In Colorado I had a better experience but maybe it was because it was done by a member here who worked there.

10. Dec 7, 2020 at 3:46 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Brake flush is advised every 30k miles. Alot of folks don't do it because they don't know any better. Power steering is also at 30k.

Biscuits, christsay and imthejaybird like this.
  11. Dec 7, 2020 at 8:40 AM
    deuceb

Member:
    Denver | Austin
    Vehicle:
    Totally, but I'm not there yet, and just annoyed that they would try to recommend it 6k miles early to make some more money. I'm sure that kinda thing is pushed from above them, but it's the same reason I was hoping someone had a recommendation for a trusted place that wouldn't do that.

Anyway probably an overblown reaction, but the push I needed to realize I don't have the same setup as CO and I need to do my own oil changes and maintenance again. I'll do my brake fluid when I swap in some wilwoods, but if I ever need some work done I'll hit you up @Texoma

Texoma[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Dec 13, 2020 at 8:36 AM
    christsay

christsay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Austin, TX / Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green DCLB TRD 4x4
    JB Grand Raid Evo XXL mounted on an Alu-Cab. 5.29 gears.
    deuceb[OP] and Biscuits like this.
  13. Dec 13, 2020 at 9:56 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Added to my list of tools to buy

14. Dec 13, 2020 at 10:57 AM
    christsay

christsay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Austin, TX / Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green DCLB TRD 4x4
    JB Grand Raid Evo XXL mounted on an Alu-Cab. 5.29 gears.
    Just be aware that Power Probe uses automotive quick connect so if your power bleeder is setup for industrial you'll need to make a small adapter.

Biscuits likes this.
  15. Dec 14, 2020 at 1:03 AM
    Gyres01

Gyres01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Bastrop, TX
    Vehicle:
    19' Silver TRD Sport
    + 1 for Lost pines Toyota !!

Products Discussed in