1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best wax for black Tacoma's

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by XD40SC, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Apr 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    S7ICKlVlAN

S7ICKlVlAN Cpt. Bubbleguts

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    TRD badged | Hunting Cage | Smoked Tails | LED Everything | Slim Cubby HID bi-xenon's | Spidertrax 1.25" | BHLM | FLM | S2000 Ant | 20% Shade | PL 8521 | OME 885 | Bilstein 5100's | Toytec 2" AAL | FN 18x9" Bronze BFD's | 275/65-18 Duratrac's | Wrinkle Red Valve Covers | 3M Di-Noc Wrapped Interior | Kode MB Push Button Ignition | Relentless Sliders | URD TCAI | Mr.Marv Enclosure | Arc Audio 10" | Hybrid Audio Clarus F/R | Alpine PDX-5 | Alpine INE-S920HD
    OP - Look up Menzerna products or Black Fire. Also check out .

2. Apr 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM
    West31

West31 The only easy day was yesterday

Member:
    First Name:
    Westin
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4cyl SR5
    If you want to buy something to use between waxes I would suggest using TurtleWax Black Detail Spray. Does an awesome job on my old black infiniti G35. If not maybe you should look into the entire Black Box kit from TurtleWax can get it at Walmart for $20

3. Apr 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM
    differential

differential Member

Member:
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    Black Pre Runner
    When I bought my truck, I went to Walmart and picked up the Turtle Wax black box. The results were good, but the product is messy, and it requires alot of work for OK results.

I've been experimenting alot these past few months with various polishes and waxes. So far, my favorite is Chemical Guys Blacklight with V7, topped with Zymol Carbon.

I've also been extremely impressed with Blackfire Total Polish and Seal. It's an all in one, so it's quick to apply a coat after a wash.

One thing that's specific to the Tacoma (well, trucks) is that the wheel wells are visible. I've been using an all purpose cleaner in the wheel weels when washing the truck, and then detailing them with Chemical Guys Bare Bones. The black truck looks really sharp when EVERYTHING is spic and span.

4. Apr 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    Try some Fade2Black. I like it much better on the exterior plastics like the mud flaps, bumpers, etc. I save the Bare Bones for wheel wells and undercarriage.

5. Jun 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    Pit Snipe 1997

Pit Snipe 1997 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Tacoma Off Road
    Bed lined the rear bumper caps, LED lights in the interior, rear bed LEDs, red letter glove box inserts, center console coin box, set of Wildpeaks from my 2014 Tacoma that I traded in and removed the factory running boards.
    3M Makes a wax for black paint. Your local body shop might be able to point you in the right direction.

Products Discussed in

To Top